•17•

November 3rd 2011

"Its good to have you back at school Caspian." Britney sneered at me from across the room. I rolled my eyes.
I hate sharing English with her. But at least Ross isn't in here.

I've been pretty keen on avoiding Ross and making small talk, partly because of Britney and also because of the kiss. So far we've only said goodnight to each other each night out of habit.
"Do you think she's going to go ape shit again?"
"You wanna bet money?"
"Hell yeah."

I rolled my eyes at the guys behind me who were terrible at whispering. I turned in my seat quickly to glare at them and they looked back at me in shock.

"Learn how to fucking whisper." I turned back around to see the teacher frowning at me. I rolled my eyes and just got up and walked out. I just didn't want to deal with the nasty kids at this damned place. I was heading directly towards the hangout.

"Cass?" I looked down the study hall to see Ross sitting against the wall with books scattered around him and coffee in his hands.

"What?" I snapped.

"Where are you going? Your English class started five minutes ago." I rolled my eyes and sat down by him in the hallway.

"Everyone has been talking about what happened last week, and I don't want to be here to hear about it." I shrugged my shoulders. He offered me his cup of coffee and I accepted it with skepticism. I was shocked to find out if wasn't coffee, but the best fucking hot chocolate I've ever tasted.

"You can have the rest, I already had two cups." I put the cup down and stared at him as he was writing down notes. He bit on the inside of his cheek making his jaw line more prudent. And his arm was flexing with each movement of his pencil.

I shook my head to get myself to come back down to earth at the sound of heels clicking.

" Caspian, Mr. Martin wants you back in- Oh! Hey Babe!" I looked up at the new dark cloud in my life with a glare.

"What do you want Britney?" I snapped. But her and Ross continued to talk as if I wasn't there. I got up and started walking away, I looked back to see Ross giving me an apologetic glance. I just simply rolled my eyes and left towards the hangout as I sipped the best damn drink courtesy of the blonde dumb ass.

***
after school Caspian is in Mama Vi's office waiting for the phone.

I had my eyes leveled with the antique telephone, I drummed my fingers awaiting for a shrill ring.
its been 3 hours.

I let my head roll to the side as I began to flick a pencil.

It would reach the top of the desk then roll back down to my fingers for a flicking.

I felt pathetic.

Waiting for the phone, like a dog for a master.

I felt anxious.

To hear weather this is going to be a good call or bad call.

And most of all I felt completely tired from today that... I could just...... take a nap...... right..... here....

My eyes drooped shut and my bangs fell in my face.

I was still slightly conscious though. I can hear the wind outside as it makes branches scrape against the house.

And I could hear the humming of the heater throughout the house. But there was one sound I couldn't quite place.

I dropped every other sound in order to focus in on this one.

it was a voice.

a beautiful voice.
♪I made you laugh, I made you cry, I made you open up your eyes...
Didn't I?♪•AN♪•

I tried to remember what song this was but it wasn't coming to mind.
♪Am I the greatest bastard that you know? The only one who let you go.♪

I snapped my eyes open in recognition. The Greatest Bastard.

I stood  and opened the door and the sound flooded the room.
Is- Is that. Ross?

I was startled by the phone finally ringing. I slammed the door shut and practically lunged towards the phone.

"Hello?" I was really out of breath.

"Hello, can I speak with Caspian?"

"This is her."

"Sweetheart?" My breath hitched. My hands started to shake. I breathed out.

"Mom?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••
I know, mean cut off.
Its alarming how many people have claimed this story is addicting
I'm sorry to abduct and captivate your minds into this story, but that was my full intention.
I am creating relatable characters, or I am creating an expectation for all of us.
Caspian is the person I wish to be, she simply created herself.
The song was The Greatest Bastard its on my sound cloud @cossiscute and I have a polyvore which is a website where you can view outfits I Invision the characters in.
sorry for the long authors note!
love you guys!