•96•

The pounding in my head was relentless as I stepped through the door holding both mine and April's bags.

The night before is something I'm partially thankful that I was too drunk to remember much, I was pretty much blackout drunk by the time the strippers entered the room.

April, who wasn't phased from the night came in with Vi's bag, as Vi is in the worse shape out of all of us. And Danielle didn't have a drop of wine last night, but she was so quiet no one bothered her about it because no one noticed her.

Accept me.

"Alright Vi, you're going to have to refrain from vomiting because you have your hair appointment in an hour." Piper helped Vi though the door, who was pale with a sheen of sweat across her forehead.

"Well I'm going to lie down, Caspian, I'm going to need you to help Danny with small errands today, I don't want him screwing anything up if he does it by himself."

"W-what? Why me?" Vi started taking the stairs, dramatically holding onto the banister with two hands.

"Because, April is helping tie loose ends with the planning. Piper needs to take care of her baby. And Ross is busy writing a speech."

I groaned like a teenager. "Wow I feel honored." Danny's voice came from behind me making me jump.

"Sorry, I just wanted to be lazy today." I said sheepishly and his eyes softened towards me making my toes curl at the sight. He is dangerously gorgeous.

"You just have to make sure I don't screw anything up, I'll take care of the rest." He winked at me before heading out the door leaving me to scramble to keep up.

••••

"You're music taste is lame." I laughed and Danny did a mock shocked face.

"Slim Shady is timeless, sorry we all can't be cute little hipsters who run Tumblr blogs and listen to Bon Iver." He changed it to radio, leaving it on a random gospel station.

"I have never in my life owned a Tumblr." I muttered.

"Still a cute hipster." He smiled towards me and I had to fight off my own so I rolled my eyes instead, focusing my attention on the scenery outside.

It was easy being around Danny. He reminded me of my past, but in a good way. Although we never got the chance to hangout as teenagers, because I was too busy clinging to Ross, and Ross was a jealous asshole. This feels okay.

I feel fine actually. I thought the ache was going to be with me forever, but just thinking of the future where I change, once and for all. No more running, I can finally settle down and surround myself with people I love and people who love me back.

And the prospect of finding someone like Danny, or maybe even Danny himself didn't seem so bad. It was such an irrational fear, to fear that anyone I loved would just be second place compared to Ross. That's not true. Ross doesn't even love me back so automatically if someone's love is reciprocated I am more than capable of loving them back 100%.

I'm still capable of love, right?

"So we got her fancy dinner napkins, some string lights, and something blue." He held up the blue hair pin we got for Vi, fumbling with it and I caught it before it could go in between the transmission and the seats.