•28•

March 20, 2012

"Psst, Caspian, you have a visitor." Someone whispered.

I opened my eyes slowly only to be greeted with the eyes of Rider.

I instantly jumped back and screamed as he jumped on top of me, covering my mouth.

"Happy birthday you slut."

"Cass! Cass! Caspian wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Ross hovering over me on the floor and his hand was over my mouth.

I looked around panicked, to see if what just happened was real.

Seeing no one was there I shut my eyes tightly and started to cry and hugged myself making Ross remove his hand.

"Cass? What happened?" He asked quietly. "I mean, you've been doing so well for a couple months now."

I sat up and hugged my knees to my chest and he sat the same, we were both leaning on our own beds.

"I-I... It just happens on certain days where I remember when he did it." I whispered.

"O-On your Birthday?" He asked sadly. I was going to speak but I found myself choking on the words as I sobbed and nodded. "But I thought it was only twice, how come you didn't tell me there where more times?"

I shook my head and rested on my knees. "Because I'm tainted. And it's not something I like to fess up to, okay? I-I was young, and he took advantage of how stupid I was."

"That's not okay. How could you still be saying stuff like that about yourself after all this time? You're not tainted, people don't lose their worth just like that, you're valuable, you're precious. And I will keep telling you that until I reverse the brainwashing he's done to you." He spoke surely. Like he was positive that it would work.

"Brainwashing?" I've only heard the term few times from Si-Fi movies or conspiracy theory videos about the government, but I never would have tied the word to my situation.

"He brainwashed you. Everyday he'd probably tell you something to bring you down, then he'd bring you back up slightly by telling you he cares." He shook his head in anger and looked at the floor. "I-I just want more justice for you, it's not right, he only gets three years, then what? What justice did that really serve? What about other girls out there who could potentially be his next victim?!" Ross was getting heated making me flinch slightly, and he took notice immediately.

"Sorry." He whispered and closed his eyes.

"I'm fine." I breathed out, and Ross opened his eyes and gave me a knowing look. "Okay I'm just a little spooked, that's all."

"Do you think you could go back to sleep?" He asked as he got up. I nodded and laid down on my bed, Ross was about the come in too but I stopped him by putting my hand on his chest.

"Not tonight, please, I don't want to hurt you." I breathed out. Ross nodded somberly and sighed going over to his own bed, and I felt bad for rejecting him. "We can still hold hands though..." I whispered pathetically.

Couple minutes passed and I thought he wasn't going to take my offer so I sighed and was about to rollover until he grasped my hand, and mumbled "My precious." like Golam from Lord of the Rings. And I laughed before going back to sleep.
•••

"Wake up! Wake up!"

I groaned and opened my eyes to look at Willa, and Piper jumping on my bed.

I rolled my eyes and put a pillow over my head.

"Come on Cass, you have a big Birthday breakfast waiting for you downstairs." Piper and Willa left.