•48•

August 20 2012

"Miss Graber."

I snapped my head up from my impromptu nap and looked around the room seeing it was empty.

"Aw crap." I muttered. And looked towards my math teacher Mr.Olsen.

"Don't worry, I excused you from your next hour." He reassured me and I exhaled in relief.

"Oh thank god! I had French next." I ran my hand through my hair and Mr.Olsen laughed.

"It's a good thing you fell asleep in here because I've been meaning to discuss something with you."

I raised my brow at him in curiosity. "Go on."

"Well, considering the fact that you fell asleep in my class, and every day I constantly have to stop you from distracting the other students I've been thinking that you need something a little more challenging." He handed over a piece of paper and at the top it said "Junior Math syllabus 2012-13"

"Wait, what?" He handed me a second paper.

"I think it's about time you've reached your full potential. And you can't fool me Caspian, I know you're incredibly smart, so tonight talk to your parents about this and I hope I see you in my junior math class."

"Yeah, I'll just ask... my parents to sign this." I said with slight sarcasm while waving the paper before standing up and gathering my things for French.

On my way down the hall, I just couldn't help but consider the offer, I mean the only reason why I mess with people or take a nap is because I get the work done early. Maybe I needed this?

I mean, math isn't really that hard for me, all it is, is just reading a lesson from the text book then applying it to different problems, and that's how it's going to be for other classes.

"I have to do it." I sighed.

•••

"Caspian, will you come here for a second?" My English teacher called out durning class and I froze before getting up with everyone's eyes on me.

I leaned towards her on her desk and she slid an envelope over to me.

"I want you to go over that with your parents tonight." She whispered and I looked down at it in confusion.

"But what is-"

"Just look at it when you get home, consider it." She interrupted making me huff and grumble as I retreated back to my seat where many curious eyes looked towards the envelope, but I quickly shoved it in my book bag.

•••

I read the stupid letter during lunch.

It was a request to be moved into an AP English class. I mean, I can't believe this! What the hell made them see so much in me this year that they didn't see last year!?

I'm still learning in the same ways, still getting the same grades, still keeping my smart ass attitude so teachers don't get chummy with me.

Maybe they want to get rid of me.

Maybe they actually want me to fail.

"Miss Graber."

That's ridiculous! Ugh I'm such a basket-case!

"Miss Graber?"

"No I don't want to be put in advanced placement, I am perfectly happy where I am at right now, learning at the same pace with people my age." I said sternly towards Mr. Preston, my biology teacher.