•4•

September 15, 2011

I started school today. I thought that I was going to be able to take online classes, but no. I have to get up at 5 in the morning, along with waking Ross up because Mama Vi said it is now my job to be Ross' fucking alarm clock. Lovely. Then I get ready in at least 20 minutes while Ross is still switching his bracelets.

"Dude you're such a girl." He scoffs at me when he finally decided on a braided leather bracelet along with his R ring he always wears.

Me and Ross are both freshmen along with Piper, who I have taken a liking to. She doesn't try to force anything on me, she keeps the conversations light and easy.

"I actually try to keep my appearance up, unlike you." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack that Vi threw at me last night when she sprung the news that I was going to school. I just grabbed a pencil and a notebook for today, because honestly I didn't feel like doing shit today. I bounded off into the bathroom to put my contacts on, but the container is faced down in the sink.

Oh God why? Is it because I claimed my mother dead? Am I not allowed to have doubts?

My head hit the door frame as I looked down in disappointment. Sighing, knowing what I'm going to do is going to get me teased by Ross and Willa who is the young black girl. I walked back into my room and opened my underwear drawer searching for the item. I pulled it out and placed it on my face blinking to adjust my eyes to my glasses.

"What kind of cereal do you- woah." Ross paused in the doorway with 2 cereal boxes in his hands. I blushed as I pushed my black rimmed glasses up my face.

"I like fruity pebbles." I muttered, I grabbed my bag again and walked past him.

"Caspian, wait!" I huffed and stopped in the hallway.

"Stop calling me that! and what do you want, to tell me how much of a nerd I look like?" Ross shook his head and pushed my glasses up my nose with his index finger.

"No, I wanted to tell you that you look like a dork, and that we don't have fruity pebbles." I cross my arms across my chest and mentally strangle him in my mind.

"Alright kiddos, enough flirting, I needs to get you something to eat then ship y'all off on that bus, Mama needs some alone time." She reached for Ross' hand and he reached for mine suddenly. I only twitched a little at his touch because I've gotten used to Ross randomly grabbing me or twirling or bumping or pushing me. Vi yanked us downstairs and forced us in our seats at the table. Everyone else was there passing milk or cereal around the table. I grab the Honey Oats and prepare my bowl, Ross grabs the box from me after I'm finished and pours a shit load into his bowl.

Speaking of bowls. We get 3 bowls and 3 plates and 3 spoons, knives, forks and cups to ourselves, but its our responsibility to keep it clean. The only thing to wash as punishment is pots and pans loaded with crust from food.

"Well, those are some nice glasses." Mama Vi says. I look down blushing because she brought my glasses to attention. Willa of course starts to giggle. I just shake my head and take my bowl into the kitchen to wash.

"Hey, don't worry, you actually look pretty smart with your glasses." I roll my eyes to look at Ross.

"I always liked my glasses, but Rider told me I'd look hot without them." I continued to scrub my bowl but Ross shut the water off.

"Look at me." He tried to coax my face up with his index finger on my chin. "Just do whatever makes you comfortable." He started to lean in, but I started to panic, last second I turned my face making him kiss my cheek.

"School bus is here!" I moved back to see Ross standing there with a confused expression.

"You told me to do whatever makes me comfortable, I'm not ready Ross." I whispered to him. He nodded his head and grabbed my hand towing me towards the bus.

I can already see how the bus is sectioned off.

Jocks in the back.

Cheerleaders.

Gamers.

Nerds.

Emo/Gothic.

Then averages. where me and Ross are sitting.

"Rossie-poo! Come sit with me!" Someone yells from the back of the bus. I rolled my eyes. Probably the cheerleaders. Ross sinks down in the seat. I raise my brow at him.

"I-I screwed up." He puts his head in his hand. "look I need to go sit with her." I shrugged my shoulders. I really don't care, if he sat with her before I moved here then who am I to get in the way of that? Ross disappears to the back of the bus, while I'm left to stare longingly out the window. I just wanna stay in my bed and cuddle up with my journal.

"So, who's the beaner?" I turn to see Ross sitting by a blonde. I am fuming. How dare she call me a beaner. I am very proud to be a Mexican, her and everybody else should just fuck off about my race.

"Her name is Caspian, she just moved in down the street." Now I'm raging. Is he ashamed of me? Embarrassed?

The rest of the ride to school I was planning ways to kill everyone on this bus except Piper. I hopped off the bus and got my first look at hell. The colors are blue and white. It has many banners, and apparently the mascot is a panther.

"Hey do you want me to walk you to the office?" I turn to see Ross with the racist on his arm. I rolled my eyes.

"No thanks." I started walking but he grabbed my hand making me twitch.

"Don't be stupid, come on Cass. I'll see you later Britney" He let go of Britney and started dragging me towards the office of Bloomington High school South.

"Let go of me you little fucker!" All of the people in the office are giving me and Ross shocked expressions. Ross just ignored me and got a stronger hold of my hand.

"Is the councilor in?" The woman he asked just nodded her head so Ross went into the back through a long hallway and brought me into a room with exercise balls. "hey Mrs.Tate this is Caspian Graber the new student, we need her schedule." Mrs.Tate just nodded her head and printed it out. I think I'm going to like the office ladies because they probably don't say a word until you leave so they can talk shit.

"I will give you a tour of the lovely Bloomington high" I finally snatch my hand out of Ross' and grab my schedule from his other hand. As I was scanning over it Ross was looking over my shoulder, he started snickering.

"What the hell are you laughing about?" Ross shook his head a little.

"We have all but 2 classes together." I fold the paper and put it in my back pocket.

"Well I look forward to those 2 classes. Now about that tour, take me to the library then the art room." He didn't say anything, just lead the way.