Chapter Six

{Daichi POV}
I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. The monitor next to my bed increased in speed as a grew more anxious. Dr. Miyazaki noticed and tried to clam me down.

"Hey, it's ok. Just breath." She sat on the side of my bed and placed her hand on mine. "Can you tell me why you're so nervous about this?" I take a shakey deep breath. My heart rate stabilizes and the monitor along with it.

"My best friend. Thats his bus." I can feel tears, but I hold them back. "I'm worried something might happen." Dr. Miyazaki sits there and look at me for a moment.

"I'll go check for your friend." She said, getting up from the bed. She tirns back aroud to face me. "If something does happen, I'll keep you updated." She opens a lityle note book she seems to keep in her coat pocket. "Tell me his name and I'll see if he's been admitted." I can feel my heart start getting fast again but I take another deep breath before it gets too high.

"His name is Sugawara Koushi." She writes it down in her note pad.

"Ok. I'll ask around and check the list of patients. I'll be back in a bit."
I waited for about half hour for Dr. Miyazaki. I sat in my bed while his voice filled my head.

He probably died in the accident. He probably wasn't gonna visit you and you'll probably never see him again.

I tried shaking those thoughts out of my mind but it was no use.

Eventually, Dr. Miyazaki came back. Daichis heart started racing again. He could feel my hand getting sweatier by the second.

"So?" I asked anxiously, not knowing weither I really want a response or not.

"There was no boy with the name Sugawara Koushi." With those few words, I felt a wave of relief wash over my body. My heart slowed down and Dr. Miyazaki left the room after a few quick checkup questions. I still had a few worries though. Like what if Suga died on site? Maybe they didn't find his body.

These thoughts flooded my mind until someone had opened my door. This causes me to snap out of my thoughts and I look at the door. All my anxieties disappear when I see no other than Suga standing at the door.

As I stare at him, I feel tear of relief start falling down my face.

{Suga POV}
I'm on my way to the hospital when I see a bunch of ambulances rushing in the direction of the school. Curious about what happend, I head back in that direction and start following the sound of the ambulances.

When I arrive back at the school, I see police cars, ambulances and a crashed bus. Not wanting to get in the way, I observe from a distance. I try to read what bus number it is, hoping that its not the bus of any of the team.

I finally see the number on ths side. 517. In that moment, I become thankful I wasn't on the bus today.

Once the news of a bus crash reaches the hospital, it's most likely that Daichi will hear about it. I'm sure that if he finds out it was my bus than he'll worry, so I decide to get to the Hospital as soon as possible.

The hospital is about 45 minutes away from the school by foot, so I'm almost positive that Daichi knows about the accident.

I finally reach the hospital and I head to Daichis room. When I get there, I see a woman exit the room. I haven't seen her so I worry that I have the wrong place. She spots me standing there.

"Do you need something?" She asked.
"Um, Yes. I'm here to see Daichi Sawamura." She looks at me for a second, than there was this look in her eyes, as if there was a lightbulb that lit inside.

"You must be Mr. Sugawara." I was a little confused, but I nod. "Daichi was worried about you. He thought that you might have been in the accident." She smiles. "Go on in." She turned around and walked in the other direction.

Hesitantly, I approach the door and open it. I see Daichi look up from whatever he was thikinbmg about. As I stand in the doorway, I noticed he started to cry. But, why? I closed the door and sat next to him.

"Is everything ok? What's worng?" I say in the most soothing voice I can manage. He wiped the tears off his face.

"It's fine. I was just worried something had happend." He started to calm down. "I'm fine now that I know you're alright." He smiled. We ended up just talking about random stuff for a bit.

After a while, the hospital had calmed down a little and I decided to take my leave. As a gathered my things, Daichis docter, Dr. Kirakou, and the young docter I had met earlier came in.

"Mr. Sawamura, I'm here to tell you that you should be discharged by about dinner tomorrow evening." Dr. Kiriakou said with a smile. Daichis face lit up and a huge smile stretched across his face. Seeing him so happy caused my stomach to do somersaults. A light shade of pink was painted across my face as he smiled.

"I will need your parents to sign a few papers before you leave however." She handed Daichi a couple papers and his smile was replaced with a small frown. I wondered why, but thought to save it for another time.

"O-Oh..." Daichi just stared at the papers. "Um.. Well my parents a away right now and uh-" I cut him off.

"While his parents are away, he's under the care of my mother, so if you can allow it, my mother can sign the papers." I knew that this would probably get me in trouble and by the look on his face, so did Daichi.

I could tell he felt uncomfortable with the situation, so, without really thinking it through, I stepped in to try to help. The docters looked at eachother for a moment.

"Listen, you two are good kids, and I can see that." Dr. Kiriakou started. "Technically, I'm supposed to get a family member to sign if the parents are unavailable, but I'm willing to over look it just this once." She gave us both a warm smile. "Mr. Sugawara, if your mother is ok with it, I will allow her to sign the papers for Mr. Sawamura." Daichi and I looked at eachother and smiled. I nodded in agreement and left to go home.

Once I got home, I asked my mom if she would sign the pages for Daichi and she agreed. I went to sleep that night being thankful that today worked out the way it did.

----------------------------♡-------------------------

A/N
Hello my lovelys! I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry this chapter took so long. With all this self quarantine and social distancing, it been a bit hard to find inspiration. I usually find energy in being with my friends and that energy is what keeps me working on this so yea. The next few chapters might be kinda shitty, but once I'm back in school and stuff in sure they'll be better. Anyways, I hope you guys are staying safe and healthy.
WASH YOUR HANDS!!
Luv u😘
P.S. I did not proof read this chapter cuz I wanted it out before the end of the week so sorry for and grammer mistakes!