-Chapter 47-

I finally made my way into the familiar ruin, heading directly towards the basement where I knew everyone would be. I felt tired and worn down, my body only moving because I was pressuring it to. My legs gave out at the trapdoor, my knees hitting the ground before it. I hit my fist against it, but I was too weak to make much noise. After the adrenaline subsided all that was left was a tired and beaten body. I had no strength to open the hatch nor to tell anyone I was there. My head slumped over, someone would find me soon, that thought ran through my head as my vision grew dark.

My consciousness tuned in at the familiar voices that were speaking quietly to each other around me. I felt immense warmth from either side of me, I knew it must be my boys. I felt reassured and content. Before I opened my eyes, I gathered my thoughts the best I could. Knowing everyone would want to know what had happened. I gingerly opened my eyes to familiar concerned ones. Gavin. He looked happy but angry at the same time.
"Why didn't you wait? We could have found a way as a group." He exclaimed, but I could tell he wasn't truly angry. His hand gently held my own and he was kneeling next to the short cot.
"It worked out in the end, didn't it?" I laughed slightly. He looked concerned and sighed.
"At least you're alright." He looked down. He spoke again after a moment.
"What happened?" I then preceded to tell them about my plan and how I was eventually let go. Everyone was listening, and was surprised to hear so.

After receiving hugs from everyone, I was left to bask with the boys I had missed so much. As Gavin began to leave like everyone else, I gently tugged at the sleeve of his jacket. He looked down and I said that I wanted to talk to him. He nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. I cuddled the babies that began to stir in their sleep, and gently lulled them back. I then spoke softly to Gavin.
"I wanted to say that while I was with Kastian-" He frowned at the name.
"-that I realized something." I paused, I hesitantly looked at his face and he gave me an encouraging smile.
"I love you." I blushed and looked down. It was silent for awhile and I quietly looked up. His face was surprised and flushed, his gaze slowly moved from the floor to meet my own.
He swiftly wrapped me in a hug and gently kissed me, clutching my face gently.
"... I've loved you for awhile now.. I'm just scared of the things that have happened to you. I want you to feel happy, I want you to smile and care for your kids the way you love to. If you want me with you, I won't push you away." His hand caressed the side of my face and his eyes looks deeply into my own. I smiled and leaned into his hand.
"I want to be with you, I want us to be a family." I said proudly, stating back into his eyes with equal passion as his own. He smiled back at me,
"If you're okay with a alien for a boyfriend, I'd love to take that position."
I giggled,
"It sounds like you're accepting a job."
"I kinda am, you three are going to be full time for me." I felt touched that he was including my boys. The emotions I feel for him have been here for awhile I suppose, and it's sad I couldn't realize that until I was put in a bad situation. I'm just happy that we can be together and happy. We'll raise our family well and build up our little community, since the biggest threats are gone nothing is stopping us.
————————————————————————
Whew! I believe that's the official end! I am going to do a couple of after stories, and if any of you have any questions I can answer them as well. I have a story planned for Kastian and a general one. The general one will probably come out first and will talk about their lives after the community. Kastian's will talk about well, Kastian. I have ideas for a sequel about the twins, but I'm only going to do it if you guys are interested. Thank you for sticking with this book, and leaving all those fun and helpful comments. I am very surprised at how many people are reading a book I started a long time ago.
So yeah! Let me know any questions or if you're interested in a sequel! Bye!