-Chapter 14-

We began making the long trek to
Micheal's community immediately. We spent probably a week to get there. We made multiple stops on the way there and I was getting worse. I couldn't keep food down for more than an hour and it felt like something was moving around inside me. My stomach was beginning to bloat, but it seemed to early for that to happen.

Eliegh constantly checked on me like a mother hen. Francis asked a lot of questions which were all answered vaguely.

Francis became like a father figure to us all throughout the week. Yet, Lilith has refused to talk to anyone but Micheal.

Micheal began getting excited because we were very close to his community. He was excited to see his brother and family.

We walked right up to two gigantic metal doors that are for the west community. We pressed the com next to the door and waited for someone to answer.

"This is the west community. Who's there?" Micheal quickly responded.

"Iit's Mi-Micheal... I f-found my way ba-back from the community. I ha-have sur-survivors from North." There was a pause before the man resumed talking.

"We'll allow everyone in and then check them for injuries. Let me open the door."
After a bit, the doors slowly began to open and we all walked in.
We were treated by three elderly women with kind faces. They all introduced themselves all the elders.

They all took us to the infirmary where everyone was asked to strip and were looked over. The male doctor gave a glance at my stomach but said nothing, as it wasn't very big.
We were given new clothes and were given our bags back. We were moved to their extra section where they said we would stay until further notice.

We were given rooms to share in pairs.
Room 1- Micheal and Lilith.
Room 2- Francis and Eliegh.
Room 3- Myself and a stranger who got here two days ago.

Eliegh tried to fight so I would share with him but they said it was the only room with a private bathroom.

We were invited to a dinner. I stayed back because I felt ill.

Now here I am now, on my knees, in front of the toilet puking my brains out. I jumped as I felt a pat on my back. I looked back quickly and locked eyes with a purple pair. Gavin stared back at me and gave me a questioning look.

"Are you sick?" He asked, turning his head to the side in a confused manor.

I gave an equally confused nod and said,
"How did you get here?"

"I got here a couple of days ago. I didn't realize you'd come here too." He said with his hand still on my back.

I gave him an understanding nod. I then felt sick and turned my head to the toilet and dry-heaved.

"What are you sick with?" He pressed, seeming interested.

"We're not sure. It's probably just a stomach bug." I lied.

"Are you my roommate?" He questioned.

I nodded.

"They said I'd be staying here with someone, so I'm guessing it's you."