-Chapter 45-

I just went back and read all my comments and I feel so happy with the feedback. I love you guys! ❤️ I can't promise chapters, but I can give this one. This book has taken me through puberty at this point and thanks for sticking with me!
I did say I wanted to escape. I'm not sure how I can try. I already felt like giving up, but sometimes it's better not to. Unlike last time, there isn't a convenient vent for me to escape through. The room is simple with few objects to it, a locked door, a bed, two small chairs with a table, and a bathroom. With no door. Gross. I made my way towards the bathroom. A sink and vanity, toilet, and shower. Very simple. Analyzing my situation, I don't think there's a sneaky way for me to escape. But there is always a desperate way.

Sooner or later, Kastian returned to the room. I was ready, I knew what to do. I was scared but I knew this was my only chance. Before he could notice the missing chair and broken vanity mirror I stabbed him in the chest and quickly grabbed the card still in his hand. He grunted in pain, knowing this wouldn't hinder him all too much, I swiftly used the key to leave.

At this point, Kastian was locked in room. He could probably find his way out soon, so I needed to move. Question is, where? I had no clue where I needed to go. I knew I was directly violating the promise we made and the safety of my children, but something inside me knew I could do this. I ran down the short hallway in front of me, careful to notice anything small that could possible be the way out or an enemy. I had now noticed that there was absolutely no one here, which means he was serious about repopulating a planet. I felt safer, but I knew Kastian could probably break out with his strength alone. As if to concur with me, I heard loud thuds. Didn't sound like he was out, yet.

The hallway consisted of three doorways, none of which had stairs or the like in sight. I knew one had to be a control cabin and one an exit, I couldn't be sure what the third was but I was running out of time. I opened the door closest to me, at the end of the hallway. The control cabin, it looked like a mass of lights on a desk with a chair, obviously meant for a single person to drive it comfortably. I wouldn't know if it were about to take off or not, I just had to hope it wouldn't. The thuds became louder and I could hear the door straining against the weight of the brute. I guess outer space doors are extremely durable, if it were wooden it would've been gone on the first push.

I quickly opened the next closest door. To my surprise, it wasn't stairs or the way out. It was a baby's room, made with two cribs. I felt unease creep up my spine as I looked into the empty cribs, I was out of time.
I could hear the smash outside of this room, he was out, and angry. I felt that the smartest decision was to hide. My rational side was gone and I only felt fear, I closed the door and hid my small body in a closet filled with strange baby clothes. I tried to call my breathing. My senses were heightened by the fear and adrenaline, so I could hear him open the closest door to him, which must've been the exit. If only I had taken the first door, instead of looking for options, I would be out. I could hear him yell my name my fear rose each time he spoke. He didn't sound normal, he sounded animalistic. His footsteps came closer, he walked straight past the door and went to the control room, where the door was still open. I could almost feel his urge to smash everything, but it remained quiet. He knew that if anything was destroyed he couldn't go home. He began to speak gentler, calling for me. Promising me safety and a beautiful family, if only I would come out.

I wanted to hide further, I really did, but I felt it was time for me to run. I quickly and quietly came out of the closet and ran through the door and into the one next to it. There were stairs that lead to another door with the same card scanner. He checked the ship first because it would be hard for him to get out. He would have to break it again. I felt victorious. I would have time to run if I could get through that door. The card still firmly clasped in my hand and sprint down the steps. I knew he heard me. His voice resounded not far off from where I was. I felt despair, I knew it was over for me. I had tripped.