-Chapter 17-

I wondered awhile, till I got the gist of where everything is in the community. During my adventure, I found myself at the infirmary. Where the doctor stood at the door with a smile. He silently waved me over.

"Hi, Jed right? My name's Jonas." He said, offering his hand. I shook it and gave him a nod. 

"Look, I have a question for you, would you please come into the infirmary?" He said, motioning me in. 

I walked in and then looked back at him. He was at the door and I heard the faint click of the lock.

"Jonas?" I asked wearily. He gave me an ominous smile. 

"I know you won't do this willingly, but please, don't fight." He said, making his way over to me. I immediately backed up, feeling frighted by his quick steps towards me. 

I bumped into the wall, and became entrapped by his arms. I moved my hands to his chest and gave an attempt to push him off. He quickly grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head. His other hand went to the hem of my shirt. I quickly got flashbacks and tears formed in my eyes.

He pulled my shirt up all the way to my chin and stared. 

"You... You were taken.." He expressed, shocked. I looked up at him with fearful eyes, I don't want to move to another community.

"Please.." I begged. He stood, frozen.

"You're the one they're looking for. Of course they want you! You have their kind inside you!" He yelled and glared at me. 

"You need to leave, before they come here and destroy us like the other communities." He spoke in an angry tone. I shook my head.

"I can't leave- not again." I looked down. He let go of my shirt and began pacing the room, leaving me to fall to my knees in tears. If I don't get a community that can help me, both me and my kids will die. I will not be able to have them without medical help. 

I looked up when I heard a sigh. It was Jonas. 

"Look- I'm sorry I got mad. I just don't want it to happen again. So many people died last time, you know? I had family there. But I'm not heartless, I can't a young kid like you die trying to have a baby. I'll help, but I don't know what I can do if the Elders find out." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Thank you." I breathed out, extremely relieved, I hugged him. He patted my back awkwardly.

"I suppose you haven't had a check up yet? Want me to look at the little one?" He smiles at me. I nod,

"Um.. I've had a check up, but it was awhile ago. She said I was having twins."

"Twins? Wow. Congratulations. How far along are you?"

"I don't know. I didn't really keep track." I said, honestly.

"Well, let's take a look?" I nod. He motions me to sit on the bed in the corner while he brought out a large machine. 

"We're going to take an ultrasound, okay?" Two healthy, beautiful babies." I stare at the screen for awhile.

"Here's the best part." He presses a button and two quick beats are coming from the machine.

"What are they?"

"That's the heartbeat of these two." He says, with a wide grin. I begin to tear up and memorize what they look and sound like. I give a content smile.

We finish up and clean the gel off my body. After that, I hug him once again. 

"Thank you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tada! A chapter! I'm trying to do a chapter a week! I hope you're impressed 'cause my last schedule lasted like two days.

Anywhoozle, hope everyone liked the chapter!

(Sorry it was small with only 643 words).