102 ~ May

"Little Savannah Hurst lives here!" Zara exclaims, giggling slightly as we walk out of the french doors and towards the glistening blue pool.

"I can't believe it myself." I reply, grinning back at my friends, an apple juice in my hand, Prosecco in theirs.

"Where's Brett?" Elena asks as we reach the loungers, Becky immediately flopping down onto one, the rest of us following in quick succession.

"He went to work."

"You really are living the dream!" Becky grins, "Brett Winters providing for you whilst you sit at home, tanning yourself!"

"I don't plan on keeping it this way!" I exclaim, "I've got to get a job, I'm so bored."

"You have time." Zara points out, "Other things to think about at the moment anyway!" Zara smiles, "How many weeks are you now?"

"Nearly twenty two."

"You have popped!" Becky giggles, "Can definitely tell you're pregnant now!"

"You think?" I grin and she shrugs.

"Probably." She replies, "Depends what you wear."

I roll my eyes, "Great." What she means is, I still just look like I'm fat in some clothes. Excellent.

"How's living with Brett anyway?" Zara asks.

"It's good! So far!"

"I bet he waits on you hand and foot!" Elena giggles, slouching back.

"So he should! He knocked her up!" Becky scoffs and I can't help the giggle that erupts from my mouth, the others also descending into laughter.

"He does ninety percent of the cooking." I confirm, smiling at the thought. In all honesty it's been absolute bliss living here so far, him only going back to work yesterday, it having been two weeks since the fire.

"And how's Ellis?" Elena asks, all of us turning our attention to the relaxed Becky, large hat atop her head. It reminds me of when we were back in high school and used to spend our Summers around her pool, drinking and giggling as teenage girls do. I miss those days.

And I miss alcohol.

"We spend half of our time in bed." Becky shrugs, "So I'd say it's working pretty well."

"Of course!" Zara laughs as Becky smirks before taking a large drink out of her glass.

"How's Missy?" I ask and Zara's eyes widen at the mention of her girlfriend, unable to stop the cheesy grin from taking over her face.

"She's great." She replies, "Got a promotion the other day!" "The pay increase is going to help a lot! Never encourage your children to do art, it's so hard to get a job!" She scoffs and I shake my head.

"But you're doing what you enjoy!" I argue, "That's the point!"

"I guess." Zara shrugs as she lifts her own glass to her lips.

"I may have a new man!" Elena announces.

"Spill!" I exclaim as Becky sits up.

"I met him at Walmart." Elena expands and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Hear me out!" She giggles, "We both reached for the last pack of M&M's."

"Match made in heaven then!" Becky grins as I smile.

"And then what happened?" Zara asks.

"He let me have the packet, but took my number so that we could go out on a date and I could repay him somehow."