62 ~ April

I'm awake as soon as the sun rises, the rays infiltrating through the curtains, illuminating the bed. Glancing beside me I smile at the sight of Brett, his face peaceful with sleep. Shifting slightly I grimace at the slight pain between my legs, a pleasant reminder of last night. I feel more attached to him than ever, more involved with him.

If you had told me I'd lose my virginity to Brett Winters three months ago I would have slapped you around the face. This was not my intention, it never was. I wanted to wait until I was in love, I wanted to make sure I was with the right guy. It's why I never did it with Haydon.

But when you wait this long, and nothing happens the way you expect it to, you're bound to lose your principles eventually. I don't regret last night, I'm happy it happened.

I'm no longer a virgin, and I'm proud.

Glancing over at the clock I curse under my breath, my shift at the cafe starting in less than an hour. I carefully ease myself out of the bed and grab onto my dress, throwing it over my head. I grab hold of a jacket from the back of Brett's door, hoping he doesn't mind too much before slipping out of the door and making my way down the stairs.

I just hope I'm not late for work.

*~*~*

"Kyle!" I exclaim as Elena's boyfriend opens the door to their house later that day. I had managed to make it in time for work, and as soon as my shift ended I decided to head back to Brett's, feeling pretty awful that I disappeared this morning without a word.

"Hey Sav." He grins.

"Is Brett home?" I ask, holding up the black jacket. "I need to return his jacket."

"He went out to meet someone at the Roeshia Cafe I think." He replies and I smile. At least that's only a five minute walk away.

"Perfect." I smile. "Thanks."

"Do you want me to give that to him?" he asks, pointing to the clothing.

"It's okay." I assure him, shaking my head, "I'll go see him at the café!"

"Okay, no worries!" He grins before shutting the door of their college house. I turn away, a skip in my step after the night before. Sex really is an anti-depressant, I've been bouncing off the walls all day, not even having to use my fake customer service smile at the cafe today, instead laughing and joking with the customers for real. Louise definitely knows that I finally got laid.

Turning down the street I grin as I think of Brett and his gorgeous body, the contact it had with mine the night before, the way it made me feel. I always knew Brett Winters was good in bed, he wasn't a legend for no reason. But last night it felt like more than that, it felt like we connected even more, our souls bound together.

Hell, what am I going on about? Do you feel this way with every guy you have sex with? Maybe I should have given it to Haydon, we'd still be together. But I somehow doubt that all sex feels like this, that all sex leaves you feeling a strong bond between the two of you. If so Becky would be in a bit of a sticky situation - thousands of horny men all linked to her.

But maybe it's just because Brett was my first. Maybe if he wasn't then I wouldn't feel this way with him.

Turning the corner I spot the Roeshia Café in front of me and a smile immediately spills across my face, the thought of seeing Brett making me feel giddy. I really need to get a life...

I quickly cross the street, dodging a cab before walking down towards the little café. I've never been here before, remembering the warnings from other students about the high prices. It doesn't surprise me that Brett has come here.