Month Eighteen: 60 ~ April

"So you liked it?" I ask down the phone, walking through the park towards my dorm building.

"Yes, I enjoyed it." Brett replies, chuckling slightly.

"I told you it was good." I retort, "Best sandwich in this town."

"I mean, I think the meatball, pepperoni & mozzarella sandwich is better but..."

"Seriously?" I exclaim, "Who do you think you are?"

"The guy you're interested in." 

"I'm starting to wonder why."

"Only starting to?" He teases and I laugh as I open the door, hurrying into my dorm and out of the rain that is beginning to fall.

"You're right. I've never understood what I see in you." I remark and hear him suck in a breath.

"Seems like Stubborn Savannah is out today."

"Shut up!"

"So stubborn." He comments as I make my way to our post room.

"Whatever." I grumble, "Just because you have bad taste in sandwiches."

"I do not!" He objects, "You'd like the meatball one too."

"I would." I agree, unlocking the door to the box and pulling it open, "But there's no way it's as good as the BBQ chicken one."

"Oh Savvie, how little you know." He comments. There are so many catalogues for Elena, it's ridiculous. Why she would ever sign up for Wayfair is beyond me, she can't even buy a set of shelves for our room let alone anything else.

My eyes fall onto the envelope at the bottom of the pile, Clifton Corp Industries plastered across the front. My stomach drops, having anxiously waited two weeks for a response, not knowing whether I would hear from them at all, and now the answer lies in front of me.

"Sav?" Brett says, pulling me out of my trance.

"I've got to go." I manage to get out, slamming the post box shut and turning to make my way upstairs.

"Are you okay?" He asks, worry clearly laced through his voice. "Sav?"

"I'm fine Brett." I assure him, "Elena just walked in." I lie, almost running up the stairs.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks as I stuff the key into the lock.

"The Gala. Yes. Of course." I confirm, ramming the door open, "Bye." I exclaim before pulling the phone away from my ear and hanging up, chucking it onto my bed as the door slams behind me. Elena is out for the day with Kyle, a perfect opportunity to open the letter.

With a deep breath I rip it open, my heart in my mouth as I yank the paper out. Scanning the document quickly my eyes fall upon the words 'Congratulations' and 'Invited for an interview'.

Grinning, I sink down onto my bed, letter still in hand.

*~*~*

Sitting in the cafe with my sister catching up I can't help but think about how nice it is to have her here, how I wish she could move up to college with me. I don't think I'll ever stop being homesick.

She drove up for the day, just to meet me for lunch so that we can catch up. So far she's assured me that her and Alex are getting on well, him spending four nights a week at our apartment which makes me feel a whole lot better about being away from home. The training for her job is going well, and she's making her way up the ranks, slowly but surely and I'm proud. She deserves the world.