77 ~ December

"Becs!" I squeal as she picks up the phone.

"Hey girl!" She exclaims back, giggling slightly.

"Have you gone home yet?" I ask, a robe wrapped around me, having just returned from swimming with my family.

"No. I can't decide what to pack." She moans. This is the first year her family aren't going away, instead deciding to have a family Christmas back in Edgewater Valley, leaving Becky extremely disappointed. She's been putting off packing anything for it for two weeks now, instead moping around the apartment about how Jamaica would have been better.

"It's just four nights Bec." I tease, chuckling slightly. "You can do it." 

"I'm not so sure." She retorts. "How's Alaska? Is there snow?"

"It's great. There's snow." I confirm. Thank God. Imagine if we'd come all the way up here for a White Christmas and there was no snow around? I don't think poor Danny's heart could take it.

"Any fit boys?" She asks, in typical Becky fashion, unknowingly unleashing a huge can of worms.

"Oh God..." I groan out uncontrollably, slouching down onto my bed.

"What?" Becky retorts, "Touchy subject?"

"I saw Brett." I mutter and am met with a sharp silence across the phone. She's speechless. My best friend, the girl who never shuts up, doesn't know what to say. Me too.

"Brett?" She finally manages to splutter out.

"I... Maybe..." I trail off. I could have been mistaken, right? There are other people who look like Greek Gods with brunette hair and ridiculously blue eyes.

"Brett is in your resort?" She asks, her voice oddly high.

"Maybe." I repeat.

"Have you spoken to him?"

"No." I shriek. Is she serious?

"Are you going to?" She asks.

"I... I don't know." Wait, what?

"You want to." She counters, already analysing the answer, along with the tone of my voice.

"I ended it for a reason Becky." I remind her, wiping my hand across my brow.

"What he did was stupid." She admits. "But it was a mistake." She points out, "You knew how much he regretted it as soon as you walked away from him." She mentions and I grit my teeth. She's right, I'm not a monster, I saw in his eyes how much having to watch me walk away broke him apart, but I couldn't stay and continue a relationship with someone who'd potentially steal someone's life the same way that my parent's were taken.

"I know but that doesn't make it okay." I retort and she sighs.

"I know." She says softly and the line goes quiet for all of five seconds before she pipes up again, "I heard you and Oliver."

"What?"

"Two months ago. You finally brought him home to have sex." She exclaims and I raise my eyebrows. She heard that? "You accidentally said Brett's name." She snorts.

"No I didn't!" I argue quickly.

"He literally stormed out, screaming about some guy called Brett." She chuckles and I shut my eyes, falling back onto my bed. Busted.

"Alright, well..." I trail off, "That doesn't mean anything." I state, "Just that I haven't had sex for a long time."

"And saying another boy's name was going to make that happen?"