108 ~ June

"Are you fucking serious?" I snap, eyes wide as I take in what Brett just said. Fucking idiot.

"I don't..." He trails off, "I don't know how we can after..."

"After?"

"After my Father tried to kill you." He explodes, finally letting his emotions reign free, "Everything you've been through, every single piece of pain that you've felt during your life has been because of my Father." He yells before reaching up and covering his face with his hands, "Because of me!"

"Brett..."

"Lacey's right, if I stay with you I'm only going to keep hurting you."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I can't do that to you." He declares, his voice wavering slightly as he turns away, taking a few steps towards the door.

"No!" I yell, "Don't you fucking dare turn your back on me!" I snap and he stops dead, "You are not pushing me away Brett Winters." I watch as his shoulders sag slightly.

"I have to..."

"For starters, why the fuck are you listening to Lacey, someone who only wants to get back into your pants?" I interrupt, almost yelling as I step towards him. "The only hurt in my life has been orchestrated by your Father, who isn't here anymore." I remind him, "You have only made my life better."

"We..."

"We are together." I cut him off as he turns back towards me, "We are a fucking family." I snap, taking a step closer to him, "And family doesn't give up on each other."

"My Dad..."

"Is not you." I finish for him, taking another step and noticing his water filled eyes, the sight a shock to me, having never seen this side of him ever before. He's as broken as I am, that much is clear. He just won't let himself admit it.

"She killed your parents." Brett exclaims, "My own flesh and blood killed yours."

"I know." I reply softly, tears gathering in my own eyes as I watch his face scrunch up slightly.

"They're both monsters." He chokes slightly on his words, "I was created from monsters."

"Your Mom deserves to be forgiven."

"I don't know if I can do that," He scoffs, shaking his head as he reaches up and runs a hand through his unruly hair, "I don't know if I can forgive myself."

"You have nothing to forgive yourself for." I argue, taking another step towards him as a tear finally rolls down his cheek, "This wasn't you Brett." I insist, "You've saved me at every turn, you've put your life on the line for me more than once." I remind him, "We were always in this together." I reach up, gently wiping the tear away as one rolls down my own cheek, "And we made it." I point out, smiling slightly.

"What if I turn into him Sav?" His voice cracks, another tear sliding down his face as my heart clenches at his words.

"That's not possible." I whisper, shaking my head as I reach up and run my hand down his face.

He shakes his head, shutting his eyes, his fear and heartache clear to see, "You don't deserve..."

"To be walked away from." I interrupt, "I don't deserve for you to walk away from me ever again." I exclaim, "I need you Brett." I declare, "I love you."

"You'd be better off without me." He retorts, his voice low as he looks down, away from my gaze.

"No." I object, grabbing onto his chin and forcing his face back up to meet mine, "I wouldn't." I shake my head, "You are perfect. You make me smile every day, you make me happy just by sending me a text." I smile, "Your scent makes me feel at home, your aftershave makes me as wet as an ice pop in the desert."