10 ~ December

"Savannah!" Becky's calls after me but I shake my head, the tears continuing to flow as I walk away. "Savannah!" One of the girls grab hold of my shoulder, whirling me around to face them.

I just want them to let me leave, let me run home and bury myself in bed until I starve to death. No... I want to gorge on chocolate cake until I can't fit back out my bedroom door.

"Where are you going?" Zara asks, her voice calm.

"Home." I respond, wiping a tear from my face as I make a move to turn back away.

"Savannah we aren't letting you go home alone." Zara retorts, crossing her arms as I purse my lips, desperately trying to hold my emotions in. 

My friends are staring at me in sympathy, and I can see the somewhat judgmental look in Georgia's brown eyes.  My friends will never understand. Nor will anyone else. I don't need anyone's pity.

I don't blame them though. What kind of sixteen year old works in a shady club where the girls dance in little more than a g-string? That is the exact thought that is currently running through everyone's head.

They are all judging me, wondering what is wrong with me. I can already see how Monday at school is going to go... I'm the easy one. The whore.

Brett has destroyed my life. With one simple act, he's thrown me to the lions.

"I can't..." I try, the tears beginning to flow relentlessly down my cheeks. "I just..." I choke on my words and cover my mouth with my hand as I sob. "I need..." I try again and Georgia rubs my arm reassuringly.

That's all I need before I break.

"How could he do that?" I scream as I sob, falling forward as tears pour down my face. Becky launches herself at me, pulling me into her arms as Zara rubs my back. "Everyone knows." I whisper as I cry, "Everyone knows."

"Come on." Zara urges, "Let's go back to Georgia's."

"I..." My stuttering is futile, as Zara grabs me, pulling me into her arms. "I..."

"Shh, it's okay." She soothes, leading me over towards the cab that's just pulled up. Sliding into the cab, Becky wraps her arm around my shoulders and I rest my head on her, shutting my eyes as I try to prevent more tears from falling. I stay like that the entire journey, desperate to wake up from this nightmare.

Once we arrive, Becky helps me out of the cab before I follow them wordlessly to the front door, keeping my head down as we enter the house.

"I'll get us some snacks." Georgia smiles, immediately sloping off to the kitchen. I turn away, wandering towards the familiar comfy black couch, wanting nothing more than to curl up and cry.

"Sav?" Becky calls after me.

"I just want to take these boots off." I reply hoarsely as I slouch down on the couch.

"Alright!"

"They won't..." I exclaim, frustrated as I attempt to pull the boots off my feet, tears beginning to flow down my face once more.

"Don't worry!" Becky rushes forward, pulling my hands away and grabbing onto the shoes, "I've got them." She assures, smiling as she carefully unzips the boots and pulls them off.

"Thanks." I say softly.

Georgia soon reappears with a bowl of chips, setting it down on the table in front of me as Becky and Zara sit beside me. Crumpling the wet tissue in my hands I take a deep breath before looking up at the expectant girls, Georgia breaking first.

"So... do you dance?" Georgia asks and I shake my head.

"No, of course not." I deny as she smiles, clearly relieved. "I just work behind the bar." I shrug, "I literally serve drinks. I don't even talk to anyone."