40 ~ September

"This is like my tenth party and we've only been here nearly four weeks." Elena giggles.

"Yeah." I grimace. "I think this will be my last one for a while. I'm so tired!"

"That's a good idea. I might join you," Elena agrees, "I guess we better make the most of this one then," She exclaims before grabbing a cup of punch from the side. "Here!"

"Thanks." I smile, taking a sip. The tropical flavor sits well with me and I grin, downing more in quick succession. We haven't been to this house before, but from what I can make out, the three story monstrosity houses over ten boys.

"Are you sure you're okay being here?" Elena asks, worry clear in her face as she glances at me. It's been one week since I got drunk and decided to have a screaming match with Brett, my drunken mind letting the words flow out of my mouth uncontrollably.

"Elena, I'm not letting him ruin my college experience!" I retort. Hell, all I've done this last week is go to two lectures, sleep in until midday everyday, go to two 'girls only' parties down the road with Polly and Elena and eat a lot of takeaways. It was time I left the dorm room for something else.

"Y'all are becoming regulars!" Polly squeals, sliding over in her neon yellow cowgirl boots, her curls pulled tight into pigtails.

"Nope." I object, shaking my head.

"Ya can't deny it." She scoffs, handing us two new drinks. "This is the third time this week."

"We couldn't resist the cowboy theme." Elena shrugs, giggling slightly. I nod in agreement, giggling at our brown fringed tops and brown boots.

"Clearly," Polly laughs,  "You gals look great."

"Thanks." I smile, "Elena actually had some of this stuff from one of her sibling's parties."

"I don't know what it is but twelve year olds seem to like the Wild West." Elena wrinkles her nose up in annoyance. "We've done this party three times back home."

"Let's have some drinks to celebrate the fact that y'all have been converted to the wild party life." Polly exclaims, grabbing three shot glasses from the counter beside her.

"I definitely haven't. You won't see me again for a while." I retort as she grabs a bottle of spirit, filling the glasses up halfway.

"Whatever!" Polly smiles, grabbing another bottle.

"It's true." I argue, "I'll only see you in lectures."

"If I make it." Polly shrugs, "Ian is having an all-nighter on Sunday. The theme is 'Anything but Clothes'."

"Great." I retort sarcastically as Polly nods, grabbing a final bottle of green liquid.

"It'll be a miracle if y'all see me on Monday." She exclaims, "Or I'll enter wearing a trash bag."

"I'll look forward to it." I laugh as Polly grins, stepping back to admire her handiwork, the bright green shots making me queasy. 

"Here's two more drinks for y'all." She hands us the drinks before turning to the last glass, lifting it up and downing it quickly. "See y'all later."

"Bye Polly." Elena says as Polly disappears back into the crowd, her concoction still in our hands. "She's still weird."

"She's unique." I correct, laughing. "What do you think she made us?"

"Why is it neon green?" Elena holds it up, her eyebrows furrowed as she examines it. I take a look at the gloopy liquid and shake my head, placing it down on the side behind me.