53 ~ Month Sixteen: February

"Hey! What's up?" I say as I pull the phone up to my ear, thankful for the distraction from my paper on To Kill A Mockingbird.

"What's up? We haven't spoken in seventy five hours, that's what's up!" Becky replies.

"Fair point."

"I miss you Sav." Becky whines, "The girls here are all stuck up. I need someone to be weird with me."

"I'll visit you at some point."

"Don't bother. This college is awful. I'd much rather come and visit you again."

"Look, you passed your first term," I remind her before taking a bite out of my half eaten cookie.

"There's still two more terms of this year, and then two more years," she argues.

"Well... there's no need to be specific!" I attempt and she groans down the line.

"I'm running out of boys here! The ones who I've slept with don't want to sleep with me again, and the ones that haven't are being told by the girls that I'm secretly a man."

"Secretly a man?"

"Apparently they think that'll stop them all sleeping with me." Becky chuckles, "Little do they know, it actually turns some of them on."

"What?" I splutter, choking on my cookie.

"Anyway, that is not why I rang you." She changes the subject as I attempt to swallow the crumbs lodged in my throat. "Did you see Zara's photo?"

"Yeah. Her and Sam look so cute."

"Cute?" She mutters, "Why are they so far apart? Aren't they dating?" She continues, "You could fit an entire truck in between them."

"Some couples don't like public displays of affection, Bec," I point out.

"But Zara? The girl who used to pine after him like there was no tomorrow?"

"But she pined after him in secret. Not in public," I remind her.

"I guess," she agrees. "I just want her to be happy."

"I think she is," I reply.

"Good. I miss her." She mutters. Me too Bec.

"It was so lovely to see you two weeks ago," I point out.

"You too," she exclaims. "Have you spoken to Haydon?"

"Not that much." I mutter, "He's rung me twice but I've tried ringing him more and he doesn't pick up." I say softly, "He's busy though so it's okay."

"No it isn't Sav." She scoffs, "I swear I'm going to beat him up so hard..."

"Bec! We're both busy right now, me with my studies, him with his writing." I remind her, attempting to convince myself as much as I am her. "It's okay. He told me he'd forgiven me."

"So I should think. It's been two months and all you even did was talk to your ex." She scoffs.

"Uh yeah..." I manage to stutter out as the door opens. Shooting my head up I see Elena enter, waving at me. Kyle follows close behind. "Oh, Elena's here."

"No worries," she says. "I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"Love you Sav."

"Love you too Bec." I reply, "Bye!" I say before pulling my phone away and hanging up. Turning to the happy couple I grin, masking my own negative emotions. "Hey."

"Hey!" Elena grins in response.

"Did you have fun?"

"Kyle took me to the mall," Elena exclaims, walking over to her closet.