29 ~ Month Nine: August

"This is so relaxing." Georgia exclaims, stretching out on the sun lounger. Zara picks up the towel beside me, quickly drying herself off as Becky paints her toenails a deep purple. I take a sip of my lemonade, grateful for the day off. Whenever I haven't been working I've spent the majority of my time here. We all have.

Becky's house is so calm, so relaxing. Her parents are never here during the day and running into her brother is just a bonus really...

I swirl the straw around in my cup, watching the liquid move. Her brother is really attractive, his dark hair and green eyes contrasting so well against each other that it is impossible to find him unattractive. The longer we stay at Becky's the more we see him and he always makes an effort to talk to us, shooting a smile towards me every now and again. It gives me butterflies.

Sadly, they are not the crazy, out of control, fluttery butterflies that I get with Brett. My heart doesn't race like it does around Brett. If this Summer has taught me anything, it's that Brett Winters really knows how to be a player, he's got me daydreaming about him around five times a day, if not more. It's ridiculous and I know that he doesn't deserve my attention, yet here I am, pining after him.

"Have you heard from him?" Becky's question tears me out of my daydream and my head shoots up, sending a questioningly glance her way.

"Hmm?"

"Brett?"

"No." I shrug, lying back on the lounger. "I didn't expect to."

"I thought you..."

"We made out a couple of times, that's all." I interrupt Zara, "Nothing more."

"How long has he been gone?"

"Nearly three weeks." I shrug, keeping my face clear of emotion.

"Counting are we?" Becky grins, leaning back and pushing her long black hair away from her face.

"No!" I exclaim, putting my drink down next to me. "Definitely not."

"You miss him!" Zara teases, grinning at me. I roll my eyes.

"I do not!" I object.

I do.

"How about you Bec?" Zara asks, "Heard from Chris since that night?"

"Unfortunately." Becky groans, "He won't leave me alone. Why can't boys comprehend a one time thing?"

"We warned you." Zara laughs as I giggle. Becky disappeared at the end of the night of Liam's party. We found out the next day that she'd finally given in, making out with Chris in Liam's parent's bedroom. The only rules were that he was to understand it was a one time thing and wasn't going to happen again. Unfortunately he's been ringing her almost every day since.

"I just need to find someone else." Becky grimaces.

"Always a smart answer." Zara nods her head in approval.

"It's true."

"Whatever you say." Georgia shakes her head as a phone suddenly springs to life, ringing loudly.

"Speak of the devil!" Georgia squeals, grabbing hold of my phone as I sit up. "It's him Sav! Your one true love!" She giggles, handing it over to me.

"Shut up!" I scoff, before answering the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey," Brett's voice still makes my heart flutter, "How are you?"

"Good thanks, you?" I reply quickly as I stand up, moving away from the girls, "Have you had a good holiday?"