thirty - "the shepherd method" - thirty

Začít od začátku

"And people say teenagers are a nightmare." Anna's smile dropped, "Okay. Bad time for jokes. Noted."

"Are you coming with me?"

"Yeah, dad. Gotta get my babysitting money from Meredith somehow," Anna bit her bottom lip, "Sorry. Sorry. I joke during uncomfortable situations. No more jokes. Promise."

"Let's just get this over with." Derek grabbed his coat from her and slipped it on, "Where's my keys?"

"Right here." Anna dropped them into his hand, "And, look, we'll get there early."

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

Anna and Meredith jumped up from their seats as Derek exited the conference room with the lawyers after his meeting.

"How'd it go with the lawyers?" Meredith asked.

"They told me my death rate. These are the people I saved. These are the people I killed."

"Most of those were terminal when they came to you, you were their last chance. And you take on impossible cases."

"Look at the clinical trial. There's so many people. More than Dahmer, Manson and Bundy combined."

"You're not looking at the big picture."

"This is the big picture."

"Dad! Where are you going?!"

Things got even worse when Dr. Webber ordered Derek back into the OR to operate and he just simply walked out.

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"Patient X. An elevated LDH was our only clue. We found out she had enlarged lymph nodes and a mole, which was biopsied. Meanwhile, this MRl with contrast showed a met on her right temporal lobe. The biopsy revealed dividing cells. That, coupled with further staging tests, led to our final diagnosis of metastatic melanoma with mets to the liver, skin, and brain."

"Your prognosis?"

"With chemo and radiation... a few months."

"At best. The girl's toast. Survival rate's five percent. If l were her I'd go on a really good vacation."

"Good job, everybody."

"That's it? The last contest, we got a prize. What's our prize?"

"You think every time you hand someone a death sentence there's a prize? The prize is, you didn't screw it up this time. The prize is, you people actually did something right. The prize is, you were doctors today! You are doctors. That is the prize."

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

Anna sat in Meredith's car, watching as she argued with her drunk father who took all of his belongings and came back to the trailer.

"You cleaned all of your clothes out of the house."

"Go home, Meredith. Just go home."

"How long are you planning on hiding out here? That's what you're doing. You're hiding. You made a mistake, she's dead. You can't hide from that."

"I'm not hiding, I'm done. I'm done operating."

"Oh, okay, so you're just quitting?"

"You should understand, you wrote the book on quitting, running, hiding... You've written a lot of books, Meredith."