Chapter 24

It takes everything out of me not to run down the escalator towards him. He puts down the sign and walks through the crowd, getting closer to me. My hand is still over my mouth. I can't control the tears from streaming down my cheeks.

Everything seems to happen in slow motion. It's taking way too long to get to him. He's standing right at the end of the escalator.

He's let his hair grow out, it's longer than before. He has some tattoos I don't recognize. Overall he looks the same, just very drained. He looks exhausted but so incredibly handsome.

Once I finally approach the end of the escalator, which seems like years later, I run to him. I don't care who's watching. I drop my bags and jump into his arms, wrapping my legs tightly around his waist. I hug him tightly.

I lift my head from his shoulder to look him in the eyes. He presses his lips against mine without hesitation. It's nothing intimate but it's lovely. I've missed him so much. He pecks me on the lips once more before planting my feet back onto the ground.

I look around to see a couple of people staring at us, smiling. I look back at Harry, blushing slightly. I hold onto him again, pressing our chests together. He rests his chin on the top of my head and rubs small circles on my back. This is the feeling I've missed so terribly.

"Leah", he sighs. His voice is soothing and slow. I move my hand from around his back to wipe away some of the tears on my cheeks. I listen to his heartbeat. It's slightly faster than usual, but so is mine.

"God, it feels incredible to have you in my arms", he breathes. I breathe in the smell of his cotton t-shirt. He smells like stale cigarettes and expensive cologne.

I don't want to ruin the moment but I really have to use the restroom. I haven't peed in 12 hours and I can't hold it much longer.

"Harry", I whisper into his chest. "Hmm", he hums. I raise my face from his chest, pulling back slightly. "I've been on a flight for 9 hours and I really need to pee", I laugh. He grins. "Come here", he grabs my hand and leads me to the ladies room. I blush. "One second", I murmur. He leans against the wall and sets my bags down. He laughs.

After I'm done I go back out to Harry. "Sorry", I mumble, stumbling through the door. He holds out his hand for me to grab. I interlace my fingers with his. "We have a lot to talk about", he whispers. "I know", I sigh.

I wish everything was okay. I wish we could go back to normal, but we can't, not right now. I need to make sure he's okay. He looks okay, but the smell of cigarettes bothered me. I won't ask him about it until everything else is cleared up.

He carries my bags for me as we begin to walk to the parking lot. "I can carry one Harry", I say. "I've got it babe", he grins. My stomach flips. I nod.

He holds the door open for me as we walk out. "Thanks", I mumble. He shows me to Gemma's car. I almost forget that the steering wheel is on the opposite side. I walk around to the other side if the car. Harry slams the trunk after putting my bags inside Harry laughs, putting his hand on my lower back. He opens the door for me. I get in, missing his touch already. He closes the door and walks around the car. He gets in, exhaling.

He waits a moment to start the car. He looks at me. I place my hand over his. "How are you doing?", I ask. He sits back in the seat, looking away from me. "I'm alright at the moment but tomorrow will be a different story", he sighs.

"I love you Harry", I say, my voice barely audible. He looks towards me again. He smirks and leans over, kissing my forehead. "I love you too", he says.

He starts the car and begins to drive. His fingers interlock with mine. We drive in silence. I glance out of the window, taking in the scenery. I can't believe I'm here.