Chapter 7

***Harry's POV***

I don't really know what's happening, but Kara is kissing me. It feels so wrong. I'm letting it happen though. She takes off my shirt. I can't let this get any further. I go to push her off when I hear the door creak.
I pull away from Kara and I'm in utter shock. It's Leah. My eyes widen and she looks so embarrassed. I go to stand but she slams the door. I'm a fucking idiot. What the hell is wrong with me.
"What the fuck was that about?" Kara asks. I stare at her blankly and pull my shirt back over my head. I run out of the door after Leah. I think I hear Kara yell after me but I don't care.
Leah is rounding the bottom of the stairs and walking towards...Niall. God please don't let me lose her. I want to get to know this girl.
I stop at the bottom of the stairwell and she sits on the sofa. She ignores me. She smiles small at Niall but her eyes are watery. I try to make eye contact with her but she does everything she can not to look at me.
I walk over to the sofa. "Hey Harry, where the hell ya been?", Niall slurs. Leah mouths something but I can't tell what it is. I ignore Niall and sit on the floor in front of Leah.
She shifts uncomfortably, still avoiding eye contact. She's trying not to cry. What have I done? Niall then speaks up. "We are telling stories Harry. Why don't you tell everyone about that time you brought home that girl and fuc.." I pounce on Niall shutting him up. He laughs. He's so drunk.
Leah looks mortified and stands up. She walks out of the front door. "Niall what the fuck?", I scream. He laughs again.

***Leah's POV***

I walk out of the front door slamming it harshly behind me. I need to calm down. Harry and I aren't dating. I'm an idiot to think he even liked me. I know Harry isn't the best guy around but now I know he's obviously just talking to me to get something from me. He saved my life and now he thinks I'll just give myself to him. God I'm an idiot.
The front door opens. I know it's Harry. I don't run this time, I stay put. I'm sitting on the front steps. It actually feels nice outside. It's still cold, but not as cold. He sits next to me and I scoot away a little.
"Leah..", he starts. "Please don't say anything", I interrupt. Don't cry, don't cry. I can't cry right now. I hold my breath.
I then get a sudden urge to look at him and I do. His eyes are bloodshot. He probably smoked whatever was in that room upstairs. He's sweating causing some of his curls to stick to the side of his face. His lips are puffy from kissing that girl. He still looks so handsome and that bothers me.
I lose it. I turn away from him and cry into my hands. "I'm sorry", I say. "Stop apologizing for crying", he says. "I'm a fucking idiot Leah..I.." , he pauses. I look away and wipe under my eyes. "Actually I'm the idiot for thinking you liked me", I say. "It's not like this is even something", I say gesturing between us. "I shouldn't even be upset.", I continue.
"Leah I need you to listen to me.", Harry says slowly. I don't look at him. I just hug my knees and "listen". "I do like you, I really, really like you Leah", he starts. He takes a deep breath and continues, "There is something here Leah, and you know it. You have every right to be upset. I'm so fucking sorry", he says, burying his face into his hands. "I'm sorry for leaving you downstairs to go get high. I'm sorry for fucking kissing Kara. I'm sorry for upsetting you", he says. His breathing is uneven. There is no way Harry is getting choked up. He's Harry.
"Sitting here with you means more to me then she will ever be", he says. "I bet that's what you told her", I say plainly. When did I become so rude? "You know that's not true Leah", he sighs. "You are unlike any girl I've ever met.", he says. "Wow thanks, I mean I know I'm prude but you don't have to rub it in", I say. "That's not what I meant Leah. Look at me please.", he says putting a finger on my chin.
I tilt my head up and my eyes lock with his. He wipes away a tear running down my face and I pull away a little. He sighs and puts his hands in his lap.
"Leah please say something", he looks nervous. "I'm not good at these kind of things", I tell him. He smiles a little. I'm starting to calm down and to be honest all I want to do is hug him.
He has the same idea because he suddenly pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around me. I stiffen a little but then hug him back. I nuzzle my head on his shoulder. His hair tickles my nose. "I'm so sorry Leah", he whispers into my ear. I have no idea what to do. I haven't even dated anyone before and here I am sitting in Harry's lap, crying into his shoulder.
I can't hold a grudge. It's not like he cheated on me. He's a young adult and he's like no one I've ever liked. I have felt connected to him ever since he saved me. I mean he saved my life. How am I not going to feel connected to him?
He pulls me in closer before breaking our embrace. He kisses the top of my head and smiles at me. I smile back a little. "Do you want me to take you home or do you want to go back inside?", he asks. "I'll only go inside if you stay with me. Don't leave me again Harry", I tell him. "I promise.", he says.
I scoot off of his lap and he stands. He puts his hands out in front of him for me to grab. I oblige and he pulls me to the standing position. "Are you forgiving me Leah?", he asks. "I..um..I don't know yet Harry.", I say. Can I forgive him this easily? I honestly don't know what to do. He could do this again tomorrow for all I know. "Leah I really like you and I know this is going to sound weird but I.. I feel connected to you ever since our meeting for the first time.", he says. "I think I feel the same.", I say slowly, avoiding eye contact.
I've never been able to talk to someone this much before without becoming uncomfortable. With so many therapy sessions nothing has helped. Nothing until Harry. I feel like I've known him all my life. I'll never tell him that though.
Harry smiles at me, causing his dimples to show. He's so handsome. I honestly don't know how he's attracted to me.
He grabs my hand and looks down at me. "Shall we?", he asks. I nod and we walk back inside.
He stops suddenly when we get inside. It's her I can tell by what she's wearing. She looks over to us and smirks. Harry squeezes my hand assuring that it's okay.
Niall is still rambling on with a beer in his hand. He sees us and smiles widely. His smile turns into a frown when Harry snatches the beer out of his hand. "Niall you're bloody wasted.", Harry tells him. "Like you have room to talk", Niall says. Harry nods and takes a sip of Niall's beer. "True mate", he smiles and hands Niall back his beer.
His accent makes my stomach flip. I don't know what Niall means but I'm really not interested in knowing right now. He takes his beer back and brings it to his lips, taking a sip. "What something to drink?", Harry asks. "Nah, I'm good.", I tell him. He smiles and nods okay.
Harry sits beside Niall pulling me with him. I laugh and land awkwardly on the couch. He smirks and squeezes my hand.
We talk awhile before a boy who I think is Louis says we should play a game. This can't be good. "What kind of game?", I ask quietly and he laughs. "How about truth or dare.", the boy who I think is Louis says. Oh god no. I'm not doing that with a bunch if college kids.
"Who's up for it?", he asks. Everyone around us agrees except Harry and I. "Why not", Harry says. I glance at him and he smiles. "Don't worry about it", he whispers to me. "Um.. I think I'll just watch for now", I say.
The boy who I think is Louis starts. "Harry, truth or dare?", he says. Of course he would pick Harry. "Dare", Harry says. Of course. "Okay Harry I dare you to pick someone and go into the closet with them for 7 minutes." , he says. "Like 7 minutes of heaven?", a girls asks. "Yup", Louis answers. No no no. He should not of played this game, he just kissed some random girl an hour ago and he's about to go god knows what in a closet with another one. "Leah", Harry says suddenly.
"What?", I choke. "C'mon we're going in the closet", he winks. My cheeks heat. "Harry I really don't want to. I'm not playing remember", I say quietly. Everyone starts to laugh. I'm so embarrassed.
"Would you rather me go with someone else?", he smirks. Are you kidding me? "Um..no. I..I'll come", I squeak. He smirks. My heart does flips. "Well c'mon Leah", he says, standing. I won't let him do anything and he knows that. "I'll start the timer when you guys go in there!", Louis yells. It's Louis I know that now.
I stand up and Harry grabs my hand pulling me towards the closet. "Harry I'm..", I start. "Shhh", Harry puts a finger to his lips and smirks. I'm really getting nervous now. I'm not ready to do anything yet. I really hope Harry understands that.
We walk into the closet and Harry shuts the door behind us. "Um is there a light in here?", I ask sheepishly. "Don't think so..", Harry whispers. He's closer now. I can feel his breath on my neck. My heart is pounding.
He suddenly presses his body against mine, pinning me to the wall. I've lost my breath and I swear my heart stops. I can only see the white of his eyes in the dark room. "Harry..", I whisper. His face is very close to mine. I'm starting to panic. I'm not ready for this.
He suddenly starts to laugh. I'm taken back but he then pushes himself off of me and I can breathe again. "Leah I would never do that", he states. I swallow hard. "It's funny to see you start to panic because of me though", I can hear his smile.
"It's not", I state, still trying to catch my breath. "Whatever you say miss", he laughs again and I hit his arm softly.
"Well we are in here for about 5 more minutes", he says. "How about I tell you about my family", he says taking me by surprise. "I mean since you uh..told me about yours.", he whispers. "Um..okay", I say.
"Well my mum lives in London now", he says. "That's where I'm from by the way", he tells me. "I figured", I smile. "Okay so she lives in London with my sister and I..well..I live here with my dad. She just got over breast cancer and she's better now. I don't talk to her much, but I mean it's hard to. We rarely visit each other. I haven't seen my sister in 3 years.", he stops. "My dad um..he's not around a lot. I mean he's okay but he works all the time. He's rarely here. I moved in with Niall because I don't like being by myself.", he pauses. "That story is for a different day", he takes a deep breath. I stupidly say the first thing that comes to my head. "I bet our dad's would get along. You know.. cause they are never here for us.", I cover my mouth. "It's okay Leah, I get it", he says.
"Well there you go I told you about my family. Now we're even", he laughs. "Ya I guess", I laugh with him.
There is a knock on the door and someone yells, "Times up lovebirds!" I smile a little but Harry doesn't see. "I'll tell them we made out", Harry says quickly. My cheeks heat and I'm thankful for the dark. "Okay", is all I say.
When we walk out hand in hand, Niall has seemed to sober up a little because his mouth drops. "Ooh what did you do?", a boy asks. "Made out and stuff", Harry winks. My cheek heat even though he's lying. "Doubt it", the girl he kissed says. "You know that prude wouldn't do anything.", she says. I feel sick. "Kara shut the fuck up", Harry tells her. Her eyes widen and she shuts her mouth. Harry squeezes my hand and we sit back on the couch.
"Harry it's your turn", a boy says. I think someone referred to him as "Liam". I don't really know. "Kara, truth or dare?", he smirks at her. She looks angry. "Dare", she smiles. "I dare you to say another rude ass remark to Leah and see what happens", Harry says and her smile drops. She flicks the bird at him and some people giggle.
"Leah, truth or dare?", Kara asks me. "I'm not playing.", I say. "Oh come on you just went into the closet with Harry of course you're playing", she says actually making a point. "Dare", I say surprising myself. "I dare you to kiss Harry. Prove that you're not a prude.", she says. I should have never agreed to this. My cheeks heat and she laughs. Harry looks at me. He looks worried. "I..", I start. Can I do it? No I really don't think I'm ready. I don't want my first kiss to be a dare. "Go on", she says. I hate her so much.
I turn to Harry and kiss him on the cheek. My face is red and I know that. She didn't make it clear how to kiss him. Harry actually starts to laugh and she makes a sour face. Everyone starts laughing because I just totally out smarted her. Harry looks at me and shakes his head laughing. I can't help but laugh with him.

***********

Harry drives me home about an hour later. It's 2am at this point and I really hope my dad is already asleep. I was getting along with him and I don't want this to ruin it.
"Did you really not want to kiss me that bad?", he asks suddenly. I look over to him. I'm going to be honest with him. "Harry.. I didn't want my first kiss to be a dare.", my cheeks heat for what feels like the hundredth time tonight. "You haven't ever kissed anyone?", he asks surprised. "Um..no", I whisper. God this is embarrassing. "Stop, you don't have to be embarrassed Leah", he tells me. "Okay", I respond. We drive in silence and I start to fall asleep.
I wake up to Harry's hands on my shoulders. "Leah? Um..sorry to wake you but you're home.", he smiles down at me. I sit up and comb my fingers through my hair. "Sorry", I sigh. I'm exhausted.
He helps me out of the car and walks me to the front door. Once we get there Harry stops and grabs my hand. "Leah..", he starts.
His lips are on mine before I can answer. I'm in complete shock and I don't know what to do. He starts to move his lips against mine and I try my best to copy the motions. I break away about 5 seconds later, completely out of breath. Oh my god. I'm sweating and my whole body feels like it's going to explode.
"Well now you know your first kiss won't be a dare", he smirks. Before I can breathe he turns on his heel and walks towards his car.
I run inside and close the door behind me. Harry just kissed me. I just had my first kiss. Oh my god.
Harry Styles never fails to leave breathless.

______________________

Now we've got some action! Lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry it was kinda boring://. Don't forget to vote and comment!! xx
It's gonna be a little while before my next update because I have dance camp all next week.