Chapter 10

***Harry's POV***

I wish she would stay with me. I want her to come back. I'm terrified and confused. All I want right now is her beside me.
I walk into my bedroom and flick on the light. I take off my clothing. I have a long scratch across my chest. I go to touch it but jerk away my hand. It fucking hurts. The man must of scratched me during our brawl.
I need to stop thinking about what happened. It has to be removed from my memory. I won't be able to stand it much longer. The ache I have in my chest is indescribable.
I had started to calm until she left. I'm starting to panic again. I don't know how to calm myself down. My breathing is uneven and my heart races.
I then hear two soft knocks on the front door. Please. I grab a pair of sweatpants off of the floor and pull them on. I take a deep breath and walk to the door. I fucking swear if this isn't Leah I.. I stop the thought and open the door.
Her warm, brown eyes immediately meet mine. She smiles before looking at her feet. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from me. Oh god, I'm so happy she came back.

***Leah's POV***

I knock softly on the door. I have to come up with an excuse about why I came back. Thoughts clutter my mind. His words from just minutes ago fill my chest with warmth. "Stop doing that. You're beautiful". My heart swells. No one other then my family and some friends have said that to me. My thoughts are interrupted when he opens the door.
I look up at him and smile warmly. His eyes light up when he sees me and my stomach knots. I look down at my feet. I haven't taken in his appearance yet. I'm nervous to look up. When I do I see he doesn't have a shirt on. I flush before I see a long scratch across his chest. I open my mouth to say something but he doesn't let me.
He startles me when he picks me up. Literally picks me up and twirls me around. He pulls me tighter against his chest. My skin feels suddenly warm. I can't physically feel him. I have on two layers of clothes. But mentally.. I can. It's an odd feeling.
There is no point of pulling away. I don't want to pull away from his embrace. My feet dangle right above the ground. He puts his hands on the back of my thighs and I jump. I jump because it's sudden but he takes it as me trying to move higher up his body. He pulls my legs up until they are wrapped around his waist.
He chuckles and falls back onto the couch. My heart is pounding in my chest. I fall back with him so now I'm straddling his front while he is sitting. I think my heart is going to come out of my chest.
I try to get off of him because I feel very awkward now. He won't let me. He squeezes me tighter against his chest. I take a deep breath. "Leah I'm so fucking happy you came back", he whispers into my hair. My whole body is on fire.
I'm against his chest. I know he can feel my rapid heartbeat. He chooses to ignore it.
"Harry..", I start, but cannot say anything else. I don't know what to say.
I think he gets the point because he releases me so I can scoot off of his lap. I push myself off of him and stand up in front of him. For the brief second I look down I see what he's wearing.
Sweatpants hang very..very low on his waist. My cheeks flame and I immediately look away. My heart is still pounding.
He pats the spot next to him for me to sit. He obviously doesn't get how embarrassed I am.
Even though my body if burning with embarrassment I don't want to leave. Usually in situations somewhat like this I want to run. I don't now.
I sit down next to him. Maybe he does realize something because he pulls up his sweatpants a little higher.
"Do you want to talk?", he asks. "About?", I question. My voice sounds odd. "Anything", he sighs.
There are a lot of questions I want to ask him. "Why did you come back?", he questions. I still haven't come up with an answer. "Rain", I blurt. What? "What?", he asks. "It's raining pretty hard and I don't want to drive home at night, in the rain", I lie. It is raining but it's not that bad. Harry looks out of the window and smiles. I sink into the couch.
I'm exhausted and I'm not really up for talking right now. "Do you think I can just go to sleep?", I ask him shyly. He smiles but it's not the same as before. He looks upset. I don't need to ask him what's wrong. I know what's wrong. It's obvious.
"Do you want to talk about it?", I ask, grabbing his hand. "No", he replies simply. "I just want to sleep with you."
The air is gone from my lungs. Harry's eyes widen. "Oh god, Leah..", he starts. He starts to laugh. Really laugh. I still can't breathe. "Bloody hell", he chokes, standing up. His sweatpants fall right below his hip bones. "I didn't mean it like that", he can't breathe himself. He's laughing to hard.
My heart is pounding. I take a big gulp of air. His laughter fills the room. Even in my embarrassment I know for sure it's the best sound I've ever heard.
He starts to take deep breathes to calm himself down. What the hell does he mean then? My cheeks flush when he looks down at me.
"I meant sleep. Like sleep in the same bed. That's it. Sleep", he says, breathing normally now. My heart continues to race and I feel sweaty. Sleeping? That's it. That's okay right? "Leah I'm still horrified at the whole situation. You keep me calm. You make me feel safe. Please just sleep in the same bed as me. Sleep", he's more careful with his words this time. "It's much better than this shitty lounge anyway", he points to the couch. I make him feel safe? How? I feel comfort around him. He calms me even when he's not calm. It's strange.
I look up at him. I look at only his face. I nod my head and without thinking I say "Okay".
He smiles wide and pulls me to my feet. Sleep. That's all I want right now. I'm drained. "Thank you", he whispers, pulling me in close. I rest my head against his chest.
He grabs my hand and leads me into his bedroom. To sleep. I don't care what my dad has to say. I'm to exhausted to think about him. I'll figure out what to tell him later.
His bedroom looks the same as it did weeks ago, when I nearly died and he saved my life. More unanswered questions pop into my head. I push them away.
He walks to his dresser and pulls out a t-shirt and loose fitting boxers. It's warm in his apartment so I'll be fine in that. He hands them to me and I walk into the bathroom to change.
I keep on all of my underwear of course, including an undershirt. I look into the hazy mirror. I look exhausted. I am.
When I'm done changing I walk back into his room. "Where can I put this?", I ask, showing him my clothes. "Floor?", he questions, even though it wasn't meant to be a question. I shrug my shoulders and drop my clothes on the floor.
Harry walks into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I walk over to his bed. I feel awkward but I don't care. I just want to sleep. I push away the blankets and slide in. It's warm and smells like him. I close my eyes.
I feel him getting in the bed. The mattress shifts. My heart starts to beat faster. He touches my arm. I open my eyes and turn to him. He leans over and kisses my forehead. I feel my cheeks redden. He smiles before turning over, his back to me. I do the same, because that's all we are doing. Sleeping. I trust Harry. "You know tomorrow is New Year's Eve", he says slowly. "I know", I whisper, smiling. I listen to his steady breathing before I close my eyes and fall into slumber.