Chapter 3

I walk behind Harry towards his kitchen. I glance down and realize he has a cross tattoo on his hand and also something on his wrist, I can't really tell what it was due to how much his clothing covered him. Did he have more? He doesn't really seem like a boy that would be full of tattoos but I don't know.
"Do you want some coffee, or hot tea", his accent seems a lot thicker now.
I nod and say "coffee please", not wanting him to know I don't like either.
He motions for me to sit on the couch and I listen. I sit on the soft, tiny couch and Niall surprises me by putting a blanket over my body. He smiles at me , "You look absolutely exhausted. " "I am", I reply. "Thank you", I say motioning to the warm blanket. He smiles again and walks off. He's very sweet.
Harry then enters the room, cup in hand. He hands me the steaming cup gently and I take a tiny sip. It's disgusting but it feels good going down my throat, warming my body. He smirks at me trying not to laugh. "What?", I question. " Why did you ask for coffee if you hate it?" "I don't", I lie. "It just doesn't have much sugar." He smiles again, "Okay whatever you say", he says and takes the cup out of my hands, heading back into the kitchen.
He seems like such a good guy. That's what I think, when I hear him in the other room yelling. " Do you really think I give a fuck Zayn?", he yells. "I swear to god if you mess this us one more time that will be the end of you!"
His words are interrupted by Niall sitting besides me on the couch. He pulls his lips into a small smile. "He doesn't really mean that", he reassures me. "He freaks out sometimes, it's a long story", he says using the same words I used on him earlier. "That's funny because he told me you freaked out sometimes", I said slowly. "Well obviously you know he was lying", he says. "Ya I guess."
Harry enters the room face red, my cup in his hand. "Sorry", he mumbles. His eyes are wide, pupils dilated, when he hands me back my cup. "I put more sugar in it", he says plainly. "Thanks", I reply.
I look up at the clock on the wall, it reads 8:46. How does time pass this quickly? I'm exhausted. Harry looks exhausted as well.
Niall stands and walks over to a room, which I assume is his and closes the door behind him.
"Why don't you get some rest", he pauses. "You can sleep in my room". My cheeks heat. He corrects himself, "I will sleep in here." "No you don't have to do that, I'm fine in here. I feel like I'm intruding anyway", I say. "I insist and in no way are you intruding. Do you want to call your parents and tell them you're okay? They must be really worried about you." I completely forgot about my dad and automatically feel guilty. My phone is on my dresser at home. "Yes, um do you have a phone I can use?", I ask sheepishly. I don't know why I'm embarrassed. "Ya, here", he hands me a cell phone, before yanking it out of my hands, causing me to gasp. "Sorry, pass code", he says punching in numbers. He hands it back to me.
I dial my dad's cell phone number doubting he will answer. It rings three times before he surprisingly picks up. "Who the hell is this?", my dad yells into the phone. "Leah", I respond. "Leah? Where the hell are you?" He sounds angry. "I'm uh", I look at Harry, "at a friends house." I've never done this before. I've never had to explain myself to my father. Here I am, lying to him, at some stranger's apartment. "Why didn't you tell me you were going anywhere?", his tone calming. "I left early and you weren't home and I accidentally left my phone on my dresser", I reply. "Why didn't you call me until now?" "Dad you know why", I say slowly. He curses. "I'll be home tomorrow, okay? Please be there when I get home", I tell him, praying he will answer. "Ya okay", he says nonchalantly. "Bye", I whisper. He hangs up. I shouldn't of said that to him and I've upset him.
I hand the phone back to Harry. He takes it gently, trying not to startle me again. "Thanks for letting me use it". "No problem. Now come with me so I can show you to my room", he says, my cheeks reddening. I know he doesn't mean any harm when saying the words but I get embarrassed anyway.
He leads me into a doorway, which I assume is his bedroom. When he opens the door I can clearly see his room. It's small, but not to small. He has a bookshelf in the corner, his bed lies in the middle of the room, with two dressers beside it, and there is a small desk by the back wall.
He motions to the bed and I sit down. The soft white fabric feels cool against my leg. "Thank you for letting me stay in here", I say to him. "Don't mention it." Out of no where he takes his shirt off. I start to panic. He has a lot of tattoos. They are trailing up one of his arms and he has some on his chest. There are swallows at the top, a butterfly in the middle, and two palm leaves towards the bottom. He has a toned chest and his arms are muscular. He realizes I'm staring and I quickly look away. I can feel heat creeping up in my face. I hear more clothing being peeled off and I'm uncomfortable now. Why is he undressing in front of me? "Calm down", I hear him say, "I don't want to sleep in jeans and a jacket." He walks into view now, turning off the light beside his bed. He is now wearing a white t-shirt and black athletic shorts. I still feel incredibly uncomfortable as he leaves the room, whispering, "good night".
When he closes the door behind him I climb into the warm blankets. It smells just like him. What am I doing, sleeping in a boys room like this? I don't have much time to think about it because my eyes feel heavy and I fall asleep.
When I wake I smell the strong scent of coffee. I look at the numbers on his bedside clock and it reads 10:34. I jolt up. My dad must be freaking out. I stand up and walk to the bathroom. I'm just now realizing it connects with his room. I open the door and walk in, making sure both doors are closed. My hair is a mess. I run my fingers through it and shake it out, making it look a little better. I still have black smudges under my eyes, but at this point I don't care. I pee, wash my hands and face and walk back into his room. I gasp when I see him sitting on the corner of his bed. He really does a good job startling me. He's wearing black jeans, brown boots, and a black t-shirt, his arm tattoos in view now. "Hey", he says plainly. "Hi", I respond. "Do you need me to bring you home now?" "Um yes please", I respond again. He stands pulling out something from behind his back. It's my clothes. I sigh in relief, noticing that they are clean and dry. "Thank you", I smile. He then stands and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.
When he's gone I strip from his clothing that he let me borrow. I pull back on my jeans, shirt, and jacket before pulling on my boots and placing his clothing on the bed.
I walk out of his room, the smell of coffee even stronger now. Niall is seated on the couch, cup in hand, watching television. He smiles at me and waves, when he sees me. I smile back. He really is very kind.
Harry is standing in the kitchen. "I would offer you coffee but you obviously hate it", he points to my cup from last night, filled with cold coffee. I smile shyly and he laughs. "It's fine, now come on, I'll bring you home".
I tell Niall goodbye and he waves back. I follow Harry out of his front door and walk down the steps to his car. He opens the door for me and I smile and thank him. I hop in his car and close the door. He smoothly slides into the drivers side and buckles his seat belt. "Do you have a car", he asks me suddenly. "Um no but I have my license. Just no car", I respond, smiling shyly. He nods. "Okay where do you live?", he asks me. I give him my address and we pull out of the parking lot.
When he pulls into my driveway I see my dad's car is there. Thank god. He gets out of the car and opens my door for me. He is so polite. He walks me to my front door. He stops and I think he is going to hug me, but he sticks his hand out instead, gesturing for me to shake it. "Thank you for everything", I tell him, shaking his hand, and he knows what I mean.
When he walks away I realize I never asked him how he did it. I never asked him how he saved me. How did he know I fell? Why was he at the cliffs? I shrugged and stuck my hands into my jacket pockets. I feel something in one of the pockets and pulled it out. It was a piece of paper with a phone number written on it. I smile down at my hands and turn towards where he was. His car is gone. I put the paper back into my pocket and smile again. I then open the door bracing myself for my father's words.

________________

Do you guys mind if some chapters are shorter then others? I don't want to make them to short but not to long either :/. Anyways, I hope you like it!