Chapter 1

My head aches as I lay in my bed. There is light dimly coming through my white curtains. I turn my head to look at my alarm clock and the blurry red numbers read 5:45. I really need to get out off the house and get some air. I sit up in bed and shake my hair out of the bun I slept in, which only makes my head throb more.
I pad down the cold steps to the kitchen and reach for the Advil on the counter. I take two and slowly walk back up to my room.
I brush out the tangled mess on my head and decide not to straighten my hair because I'm going to have a hood on anyway. I pull my hair into a low pony tail and change my clothes. I put one small coat of mascara on. I really don't know why, I have no one to impress. I'm too self conscious. I then put on my boots and jacket and head out of my room.
When I open the front door the cold, late November air chills me through my heavy jacket. I start walking down my driveway, put my hood on, and grab my bike.
The air stings my lungs as I ride down to the cliff side. I stop when the water comes into view and hop off my bike, letting it fall into the wet grass.
I love coming out here to clear my head. It was so peaceful and relaxing. My headache starts to fade as I continue down the path.
The wind starts to pick up and I'm getting really cold. "Maybe I should head back", I think, but I don't and walk a little further.
I don't want to go back home and see my dad stumble in the door drunk. He would scream at me before collapsing on the couch. He usually slept through the whole day.
He has a lot of bad days since my mom died. I can't blame him, I'm still having a hard time believing everything that has happened in the last month.
I really don't want to go through his screaming and wailing because of my head and I'm really not up to it today. I help him all the time and he never does anything for me. I feel like he cares about me, but my mom is the only thing on his mind. I feel bad leaving him alone but I need a break.
I stop walking when the wind picks up even more. I turn around and head back to my bike.
I lose my footing. The wind is pulling me down and I can't fight it. I no longer feel the grass underneath my feet.
I was falling down. That's all I feel. Nothing seems real. I know for sure I had my feet planted to the ground two seconds ago and now I'm falling.
I feel a sting as my body hits the ice cold water. My jacket is barely protecting me and I feel water seeping through. I don't know how deep this water is and I can't swim very well. I'm starting to panic. The water sucks me even deeper down.
All I can think is , "how did i get here". Then I can't think at all and there is darkness.

______________________

Sorry it's so short but don't worry the chapters won't all be this short (: hope you like it so far! I'm so excited!