Chapter 14

***Harry's POV***

My body becomes ridged when the woman turns around. Her face pales. "Do you two know each other?", Leah and her father say at the same time. Oh my god.
"That's my mum", I choke.
No one says anything. The room is filled with dead silence. Leah is holding onto my hand for dear life, clearly as traumatized as myself.
My mum backs away from Leah's father. "Harry?", she squeaks, breaking the silence.
Leah's father's face is obnoxiously red. This is awkward as fuck.
Leah looks up at me. I glance at her. Her face is drained of color. She opens her mouth, like she is going to say something, but then quickly closes it.
My mum stares at me questionably. Her hands are squeezed into tight fists.
"I..", I start. I don't know what to say to her. She looks down at Leah's fingers intertwined with mine. Her face contorts in realization. Her eyes widen.
"What?", I yell. She flinches, along with Leah. Leah steps closer, trying to calm me down.
"Harry I couldn't have known..", she starts, staring at our hands. She walks towards us. Leah's father continues to stare blankly.
Leah takes a deep breath. She pulls her hand out of mine, surprising me. She wipes her hands on her jeans. She looks at me before sticking her arm out in front of her.
My mum sticks her arm out as well. They awkwardly shake hands. What the fuck?
"I'm..I'm Leah", Leah stutters. "Hi, I'm Anne, Harry's mum", my mum smiles weirdly.
What the fuck is going on? I'm two seconds away from running out of the front door. If Leah's dad and my mum are fucking, what does this mean for Leah and I? I push the thought away. I feel like throwing up.
I look at Leah. Her cheeks are now bright red. I don't know what gave her the guts to shake my mum's hand.
My mum then turns to look at me. "I'll see you Harry", she says. She turns on her heel, walking towards Tom. I'm pretty sure that's Leah's fathers's name.
Tom looks to be in shock. My mum says something into his ear, snapping him out of it. He nods and my mum walks out the front door, not daring to look back. I don't blame her.

***Leah's POV***

What the hell just happened? My dad closes the door behind Harry's mom.
I didn't know my dad was..dating. Little did I know it would be Harry's mom. I take a deep breath.
"Leah..", my dad finally speaks up. "Yes?", I swallow. "I didn't know you were home. I didn't know you and Harry were..", he doesn't finish.
"Can I talk to you in private for a moment?", I ask. I look at Harry and he nods. "Okay", my dad responds.
I begin to walk towards his bedroom. I can hear him walking behind me. I look back just to be sure.
Harry is seated awkwardly on the couch, blankly staring at the tv. I turn back and lead my dad to his room. I open the door and step in. He follows.
I turn to face him. He takes a deep breath and the redness in his cheeks returns. I've never seen my dad this way.
"Leah before you say anything I want to apologize. I didn't know..", he starts. "You didn't know I was home. You've already said that", I interrupt.
"I know. I know", he sighs. "I didn't know you were dating..or whatever it is you are doing", I try to keep a staright face. I feel sick.
"I'm not dating anyone. I just met her and..", he trails off. I don't want to know anymore about what happened next. "Where did you meet her?", I ask. I know what he's going to say.
"A..a bar", he murmurs. I knew it. For a moment I thought he was getting better. I don't say anything.
"Leah how was I supposed to know she was Harry's mother?", he flails his arms in the air. "I don't know dad but nothing can happen. You can't date her. Dating can lead to marriage and if you marry her Harry would be my..", I stop myself.
"Leah I'm not going to marry her. We just hooked up..", he makes a face. I cringe. I really don't want to hear about their "hook up".
"I'm trying Leah. I'm trying to get over your mother but it's so fucking hard", he wipes at his face.
"Dad I'm happy that you're trying. I don't mind if you date. Just for god sake, don't date Harry's mom", I sigh.
He rolls his eyes. "I'm not dating Anne", he frowns slightly. "Now that I know she's your..friend's mother I wouldn't even think about it", he swallows hard.
Now it's his turn for questions.
"Why was he here? What were you doing? Are the two of you dating?", the questions don't seem to stop.
"He was resting on the couch because his roommate is to loud. He was sleeping. He woke up and we ate sandwiches. You..came in and here we are", I reply. He makes a face. He thinks I'm lying.
"You're dating him then?", he runs his hands over his face. "No. I don't know", I answer honestly.
" You could at least be honest", he almost yells. Here we go. I don't say anything. "I think this conversation is over. I'm sorry you had to see what you saw and I'm not dating Harry's mother", he stares at his shoes.
"Okay dad", I say sarcastically, trying to agitate him. He looks up at me and squints. Then he turns on his heel and walks out of the room, without another word. Of course.
When I walk out of the room I see Harry on his feet. My father is yelling at him but I can't understand what he's saying. I run over but by the time I get to them my father has left, slamming the door behind him.
"What did he say to you?", I ask Harry. He sits back down. "Not much. He just yelled at me. He said not to hurt you and he said he's not dating my mum. Then he left. That's pretty much it", he sighs. He lies his head back on the cushion.
Harry's already hurt me mentally. I shake my head. I push the thought away.
"What?", he asks, when he sees me shake my head. "Nothing", I reply plainly. "Why don't you go back to sleep", I say to him. He looks exhausted.
"No I'm fine", he says and then pats the place next to him. "Come here", he whispers.
I sit next to him. He scoots closer, putting his arm around me. I lean in and rest my head on his shoulder.
"How about we forget what we just witnessed and watch a movie", he grins. "Sounds good", I blush. I want to talk about our parent's relationship but not right now.
I reach for the remote from the side table. I flick through the movie channels until I find one we both agree on. Harry laughs. "You're so picky. I don't care what we watch". I blush slightly and lean back onto his shoulder.
We watch the movie for awhile but it becomes boring. I fiddle with my hair. I think Harry is sleeping. His head is back and his mouth in slightly ajar.
I pick my head up off of his shoulder and roll my neck. I go to stand. Harry's hand reaches out and grabs mine, stopping me. "Jesus Harry you scared me", I gasp. "Don't leave", he whispers. "I was just going to get some water", I reply.
"Wait", he says, and pulls me close to him. He lays my head down on the couch so I'm still partially sitting. He hovers over me. "Harry..", I start.
He moves closer. I swallow hard. He places his lips on mine, kissing me sloppily. I hum slightly into our kiss, surprising myself, which causes him to push his tongue into my mouth. He grabs my waist roughly. My cheeks burn.
He momentarily takes his hand off of my hip and grabs my hands, placing them around his back.
Why is he like this all of a sudden? My hands are beginning to feel clammy. I continue to kiss him but not with as much force. I think our teeth clink together once. I can't tell I'm in such a daze.
I feel so vulnerable and that scares me. "Harry..", I try to say, but his lips block my words.
The front door then swings open. I push Harry off and he sits up, wide eyed. "God dammit!", Ellie yells. "I've interrupted you again!", she cover her face with her hands. My cheeks burn and I feel sweaty. Harry smirks.
I stand up. "No you.. no", I say not making any sense. The dumb movie music plays in the background. I can't help but laugh. I really laugh. Ellie and Harry stare at me strangely.
I just saw my dad making out with Harry's mom. Then I made out with Harry and Ellie came in. Oh and this funny, fucking music is playing in the background.
Harry and Ellie looks at each other and start to laugh as well. Oh god what am I doing? I can barely breathe, I'm laughing so hard.
Once our laughing spell is over I sit back down, catching my breath. "What the fuck?", Harry giggles. I burst into laughter. Oh god. I look at the clock. It's almost 9pm. "Wooh", I exhale.
Ellie has put down her things and is sitting on the floor. "Let me tell you what you missed Ellie", I giggle. Harry rolls his eyes dramatically.
"Once you left. My dad comes in with this woman attached to him.. They were all kissy and touchy. Oh it was actually so disgusting", Ellie covers her mouth, I think trying not to laugh.
"Oh and to make matters worse. When my dad saw us he was beat red and then the woman turned around. Guess who that woman was? It was Harry's mom", I slap my knee. What has gotten into me?
Ellie's mouth drops open and she stops laughing. "What?", she squeaks. "You heard her", Harry laughs. Why do we find this funny? It's actually not funny at all.
"Are they like..you know..", Ellie squeaks. "I don't know and I don't want to", I murmur. Harry makes a face. "But they aren't dating", I add. Harry's face relaxes slightly.
"Okay well I'm going to go upstairs because I'm super tired. I want to talk more about this though. You guys continue what you were doing", Ellie giggles and stands up.
My face heats and Harry laughs. Ellie runs up the stairs.
"Well..", Harry starts. "I'm pretty tired too", I say to him. "Oh", he pouts. I go to stand up.
"Wait Leah I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come onto you like that I..I just don't want to lose you", he smiles weakly. I scoot closer to him and peck him on the lips. "Harry we've been through a lot worse and I'm still here. You're not going to lose me", I squeeze his hands.
I still want to go upstairs because I feel pretty awkward and I am actually tired.
"Just sit with me a little longer?", he almost begs. I nod placing my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and try to relax. Wow, I'm actually really tired.