Chapter 28

The sun shines brightly through the curtains. Harry's naked chest is pressed tightly to mine. His arm is draped across my hip, his fingers brushing against my lower back. I look up at his face. His eyes move under their lids. His brows are furrowed. It looks like he's having some sort of bad dream.

"H?", I whisper. I wrap my arms around his back. My lips brush against his ear. "Harry you alright?", I whisper. He clenches his eyes tightly. I'm starting to get a little worried.

I move the hair off of his face. I cup his jaw in my hand, sitting up slightly. "Harry?", I say a little louder. Nothing. I shake his shoulder a bit. "Harry wake up!", I yell, my voice sounding hoarse. His eyes pop open. He sits up so fast that I fall to the side.

I sit up again, grabbing at the sheets to cover my naked body. His chest moves up and down as he takes sporadic breaths. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you I..", I start. He looks over to me and his face falls. "What?", I look at him questionably. "Oh god, oh god", he suddenly wraps his arms so tight around my body I can barely breathe. "Oh god Leah", he reaches up to pet my face. "Harry wha..". He presses his lips to mine. I'm so lost but I kiss him back. His kisses me roughly like he can't get enough.

I have to pull back to fill my lungs with oxygen. "Harry stop. What's going on?", I get out. He holds my face in his hands. "Oh baby. Oh god your okay. Oh god", he kisses my forehead. I'm so confused and Harry is holding me so tightly. I can't even get a word out. He just keeps repeating how scared he was.

He's obviously had a dream which had me in it. I want to ask him but I don't think he's even listening to what I'm saying. His hair is matted to his forehead and his cheeks are flushed. Something is very wrong here. He isn't acting like Harry.

He eases up enough for me to sit up. He slumps down beside me, propped up on an elbow. He looks dazed and somewhat confused himself.

He sits up suddenly, startling me a bit. He brings his knees up to his chest. He looks a me with furrowed brows. I shake my head at him. "I'm sorry I..", he stops like he doesn't know what to say. "What just happened Harry?", I look up at him. His Adam's apple bobs up and down.

"I uh.. I had a dream", his voice drops to a whisper. Obviously. "You were dead". Oh. "But then you weren't and..I- I was so scared. I thought..", he cuts himself off. "I'm here Harry, it's okay", I wrap my arms around him then, not caring about my naked chest. "I think that I thought I was still dreaming. I don't know. That was the weirdest thing", he frowns. "No no it's alright. I understand. Don't let it get to you. It was just a dream", I assure him. He nods into our embrace. I try to push back the feeling in my stomach. We had sex and then he dreamed I was dead. Lovely.

"I thought I lost you", he whispers into my neck. "You didn't. I'm here".

***

"Well look who finally came to join us", Des crosses his arms across his chest. Gemma looks up from the box she's putting photographs into. "Sorry. Late night", Harry says. I try to hide my blush.

"Gemma told me she's leaving", he turns to look at her, "Why don't you two grab some boxes and help". "Where'd the boxes come from?", Harry asks when we reach the bottom of the stairs. "Picked them up yesterday when you three were out", Des nods.

"I didn't know you told him yesterday Gem", Harry glances at Gemma. She shrugs her shoulders.

I take a ponytail off my wrist and tie my wet curls into a bun before sitting beside Gemma. Harry stands beside Des. I watch them banter about what's going on. Harry's mouth moves slowly and he touches his lips while he speaks.

I'm worried about him. He hasn't said anything else about his dream. Maybe I'm just overthinking it but I mean his mom just died and I can only expect the worst right now.