Chapter 12

***Harry's POV***

Fuck. What have I done? I slam my fist into the banister. A few people turn around and glance at me. She's not ready for that. I didn't want to take it to far I..Ellie walks over to me, interrupting my thoughts and places her hand on my shoulder. I pull away.
"What's wrong with you?", Ellie murmurs. I've just seen this girl naked, messing around with one of my best mates. I really don't feel like speaking to her. "Hello?", she questions. I tighten my jaw. "She'll be fine. I was just messing with her. But I mean, she kind of deserved it. She embarrass..", Ellie starts. "Shut up!", I yell at her. She takes a step away.
For god sake. "Sorry", I whisper, glancing at her. I unclench my jaw and take a deep breath. Her eyebrows knit together. "Why are you so upset? Is is because I made fun of your boner?", she laughs. My face heats. Since when do I fucking blush? I swallow hard. "Kidding", she giggles at my red cheeks.
I sit down on the bottom step. She follows. Why won't she just leave? "Leah wouldn't let me talk about you. Every time I would mention you she would get upset", Ellie says suddenly. What? She pushes her hair behind her ear. "What are you talking about?", I ask firmly. She squints at me, " You're not really how I imagined you. Looks, yeah. Personality, no", she says, ignoring my question.
"Ellie?", I hear Louis' voice from the top of the stairs. Her cheeks redden slightly and she looks up. "Bye Harry", Ellie says and begins to walk up the stairs.
Why wouldn't Leah talk about me? My head starts to throb. I want to go after her but it won't matter. She'll refuse. I need a drink. Drinks.
I stand up and walk to the kitchen. There is a half empty bottle of whiskey sitting on the counter. I pick it up and take the lid off. I take a swig. It burns going down but it cools my insides.
My headache slowly subsides, with every sip.

***Leah's POV***

I sit in my car for a good hour. I open the windows to let the cool air in. Who am I waiting for? Harry? Ellie? Neither will show. I don't want them to..
I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Everything will be okay. Harry and I will be fine. I'm fine. Ellie will get over herself. We'll talk about this tomorrow.
I open my eyes and start the car. I just want to go home. I want to sleep.
I pull out and drive away.

***

When I pull into my driveway I'm confused. There is a red truck parked there. I squint my eyes, trying to recognize it. I don't. My dad's car isn't here. Maybe he got a new car?
I get out of my car and walk over to the truck. The windows are slightly tinted. I walk closer. My heart starts to race. I'm not sure why.
I start to look in the window, when a man's head pops up. I scream and nearly fall over. The car door opens. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you", a voice says. I regain my footing and turn towards the voice.
It's the man who was with Harry that night. I think his name is Zayn. I clear my throat. Why the hell is he here? "I'm fine", I murmur.
He's wearing a beanie and a black leather jacket. I didn't really get a good look at him that night. He's gorgeous. I push away that thought. "What are you doing here?", I ask. He tilts his head. "You are Leah. Correct?", he squints at me. "Um..yes", I answer.
"Do you know where Harry is?", he questions. He doesn't need to answer my question. He's looking for Harry. That's why he's here. "I think he's at a party", I say to him. Harry could have already left that party for all I know.
"He isn't answering his phone. I really need to speak to him", Zayn says. I tighten my hands into fists. Why does he need to speak to him? Why isn't Harry picking up his phone? How does Zayn know where I live? There are so many questions.
I reach for my phone. "I'll try to call him", I say to Zayn. He nods and leans against his truck. I dial Harry's number.
It goes straight to voicemail. His phone must have died. I look back at Zayn. I really don't feel like dealing with this right now. I sigh.
"Can you take me to that party? Or give me an address?", Zayn questions suddenly. I don't know the address. I know how to get there but.. Shit. I'm going to have to drive back to that fucking party with a person I don't even know. Now I'm pissed at Harry.
"I'll take you", I whisper. This better be important. I can't say no to Zayn though. "Can we just take your car. You can drive me back here after", he smiles. Wow okay. More shit for me do tonight. I don't smile back. I walk to my car and get back in. Zayn follows.
"Sorry for the inconvenience", he says, leaning his head back. "It's fine", I say. I've said that a lot tonight.