Chapter 16

"It can be a late birthday present", he says slowly. "It doesn't have to be today. But I do want it. Want you", he whispers. My cheeks are dark red now. I know that.

I don't know what to say so I slip out of his grasp and sit down. He follows, sitting close. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Ellie was right. Oh god.

"Calm down Leah. I didn't say that to make you uncomfortable", he says, leaning his head back. My heart continues to pound. "I know", I manage to say. He chuckles.

Gemma walks back into the room, breaking up some of the awkwardness. "You guys want to go get lunch somewhere?", she asks. "My treat", she adds. Harry looks at me. I don't mind. I nod. "Yeah let's go. I'll drive", he says standing up.

He grabs my hand and pulls me off of the couch. He chuckles when I almost lose my balance.

I stand up. His hand continues to hold mine. I squeeze his hand to show I'm fine.

I'm going to have to do it eventually. No, I'm not ready now but who knows what's to come. I just have to calm myself down and not think to much about it.

We walk to the front door and I grab my purse. "Thank you for having me", I say to Anne. "Oh honey you're not leaving yet. You'll come back and have dinner", she laughs. Harry shrugs his shoulders. "Alright", I smile. "See you in a bit", I add.

We follow Gemma downstairs. When we get to Harry's car he says, "Gemma why don't you let Leah take the front seat", he says. "No problem", she smiles, opening the back door.

Harry releases my hand so I can get into the car. I slide in. I cross my legs and take a deep breath. "You good?", Gemma asks. "I'm fine", I smile, turning to face her. She nods her head in content.

"Where to?", Harry asks. "You choose", Gemma and I say at the same time. He shrugs his shoulders and pulls out of the parking lot.

We pull into some steakhouse place I've never heard of before. "This better be good", Gemma teases. "Oh it is", he winks at her.

Harry gets out first. He opens Gemma's door and then mine. "Thanks", I mumble. He grabs my hand.

The restaurant is quite large. We walk into the double doors and are immediately welcomed by a younger woman. "Hello", she smiles. "Three?", she asks. "Yes", Gemma smiles. "Booth or table?", she continues. "Booth", Harry says. She nods her head and gestures for us to follow her.

When we come to the booth, I slide in first, accompanied by Harry. Gemma slides in across from us. The woman places menus on our table. "Your waiter will be with you shortly. Enjoy", she smiles. Harry pulls one of his dimpled smiles at her. "Thank you", he says. The woman blushes slightly before nodding and turning around, walking back to the front doors.

I feel a stab of jealousy but it fades quickly. He was just being polite.

I open up the menu. I look through it for awhile, before deciding what I want. "What are you getting?", Harry asks me. "Um, I'm getting a side Caesar salad and the small steak with the mash potatoes", I say, pointing to the menu. He purses his lips. "Nice choice", he laughs. I shrug my shoulders.

A very attractive man comes to our table then. "Hello, my name is Mark and I'll be your server today", he smiles kindly. "Can I start you off with something to drink?", he asks us.

Gemma starts first. "I'll have a sweet tea please", she smiles at him. Mark looks at me. "Um, lemonade", I say shyly. Harry looks at me and smiles wide. "And for you?", Mark interrupts. "Water", Harry says, continuing to look at me. "They'll be right out", Mark smiles.

"Lemonade?", Harry questions. i shrug my shoulders, trying not to blush. "I don't drink soda often and I don't like the taste of tea. The water at restaurants tastes nasty", I giggle. "You're so damn cute", Harry pecks me on the cheek. I blush again.