Chapter 13

***Harry's POV***

She pulls away slightly when Zayn walks in. He looks frustrated and quite confused.
"Harry, can we talk?", Zayn mumbles. My stomach lurches but it's not like there is anything in there to be thrown up.
Leah sits up completely this time and looks over to me. Her eyes are watery and her jaw is clenched. I lick my lips and swallow hard.
"What is it Zayn?", I question. He paces around the room and then sits on the chair Leah was previously sitting on.
Leah goes to stand but I pull her back. "Don't", I say firmly. She sighs but obeys.
Zayn sighs slightly then looks at me for permission to begin speaking. I nod.
Leah shirts uncomfortably next to me before he starts.
"I just wanted to..make sure our..um..arrangement is done", he looks at the ground. "Of course it is Zayn. Are you fucking dumb?", I almost yell. What the hell? He already knows this.
"I'm sorry.. I just had to be sure", he shakes his head. "Okay is that it?", I question sarcastically. Leah frowns. "I guess", Zayn stands back up.
"Okay well then get the hell out", I point to the door. "Harry!", Leah yells, motioning for Zayn to stop walking.
She turns to me with an angry look on her face. "You know Harry if Zayn didn't come looking for you, you'd be dead!", she puts her hands up to her temples.
Zayn lowers his head. Leah takes a deep breath. "Zayn..he is done with whatever your arrangement was. Now will you do me a favor and sit back down? I think I want to go home", she places her hands in her lap and looks down at me.
Pain runs through me. I don't know if it's from the alcohol poising or what she just said.
"Zayn please don't leave him alone. Please stay here or call someone. I need to go home", she frowns. "Please", she smiles weakly at Zayn. He nods and runs his hand through his hair.
"Thank you so much", she sighs. She scoots out of the bed. I try to grab for her but fail. "Leah..", I start. My throat is burning.
She turns to me and leans down, kissing my forehead. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "I'll see you Harry", she smiles weakly. "Be safe". She walks out before I can say anything else.

***Leah's POV***

Leaving Harry was hard but it had to be done. I just want to go home and sleep in my bed not in a hospital chair.
I walk out of the sliding doors and stop short. I sigh. Zayn doesn't have a ride and his truck is at my house. I can't leave him here. I won't do that. He helped me and I can at least let him get his truck.
I turn on my heel and walk back inside. The nurse nods when I point to Harry's room.
Harry's eyes widen and he smiles when I walk back in. His smile makes me want to crawl back into that bed with him. But I won't.
"Zayn I think I should take you to your car. I don't want to leave you here without a ride", Harry frowns. My heart drops. "Oh", is all he says.
"Would you come back? Would you just leave Harry here by himself?", I don't want to leave Harry alone.
"No. I mean, yes, I'll come back Leah", Zayn stands up. "So if I bring you to your car, you'll drive back here?", I double check.
"Yes Leah", he walks towards me. Harry sits up. "He doesn't need to come back. I can take care of myself", Harry mumbles. "No you can't", I whisper to myself. I think Zayn hears me because he tilts his head slightly.
"He'll come back Harry. I will too. Tomorrow", I walk out of the door so he can't protest. Zayn follows behind me.
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience", I sigh, when we get outside. "I just really don't want to leave him..but I..", I start. "I get it", Zayn smiles weakly.
I feel so bad. He must be exhausted. I'll come back when Harry gets discharged. I can do that.
We get into my car and drive off.

***

"Thanks for bringing me back to my car", Zayn says. "Thank you", I say back. He smiles slightly and hops into his truck. My dad's car still isn't here..
He closes the door and backs out of the driveway, hopefully back to Harry. He'll go back. To be honest I trust him more than Harry right now, and I barely know him.
Once his car is out of sight I walk to the front door. I go to grab the door knob but then slowly pull my hand away. The door isn't closed. It's cracked open.
I look around. The sun is starting to rise. I close my eyes and push the door open. I step inside, closing it behind me and lock it.
I run up the stairs. I'm honestly to exhausted to look for an intruder. I open my bedroom door, step in, then close it, locking it just in case.
Ellie is in my bed, completely passed out. She must have left the door open. Probably too drunk to care.
I slide off my shoes and hop into my bed, slightly pushing Ellie over so I have room. As soon as I lay my head down, I fall asleep.