Coming of Age -- Chapter 12

So some interesting stuff happens in this chapter. Not going to give anything away yet hehe. But I am getting a lot of inspiration to write all of this again. I'm really excited to start writing this again and get back into the groove. Anyway I hope you like it. Please comment and vote if you do! You guys rock!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Training time!” I groaned and rolled over. “Come on, Melody. Get up.”

            I reached my hand to the right and slapped around as if there was an alarm. “Ten more minutes, mom.” I felt my hand connect with Luke’s ankle and felt a loud thump on the ground next to me. And next I heard Aaron’s laughter from a distance I took a peek over to seek Luke groaning and holding his shoulder. I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

            His eyes shot daggers at me. “Good you’re up. Let’s go to training.” I sighed but hesitantly got up and did as he said. We walked away and I looked back at Aaron one last time. He was watching me, amusement clear in his eyes. I smiled and turned back around.

            Once we were a little while away, Luke sat down and motioned for me to do the same. I sat across from him. Suddenly a breeze came out of nowhere and almost knocked me over. I glared at Luke. He shrugged, trying not to laugh. I shook my head and waved at him. A rock flew from the ground and nailed him in the stomach. He cried out and I sat down with a smug smile. “We’re even. Now what are we doing.”

            He glared at me a moment before sighing and tossing the rock to the side. “Energies.” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. I raised an eyebrow. Yes, because that makes so much sense, I thought sarcastically. “Since you are a witch, you can feel the energy around you. We have a strong connection with nature. We can feel it all around us. Our powers, our existence, is formed from energy.”

            I can feel its energy, Aaron had said when we were looking for the safe house. I remembered that night when I talked to Aaron. “Close your eyes and open yourself to what’s around you. Take deep breaths and be at peace.” I did as he told me to. “Feel everything around you.”

            The air around me began to shake and buzz as if it were alive with energy. A fresh, cleansing feeling hit me. The air hummed and a small smile appeared on my face. It was like a buzzing feeling that went all the way down to my bones. “Can you feel it?”

            I nodded. “It feels fresh.”

            “That’s the forest for you. Try and feel a little farther. Just push your limitations a little. Open yourself up to more.”

I took a deep breath and did as commanded and opened my mind up, trying to feel farther. I could feel Luke’s energy right in front of me. “Every person has their own unique energy they give off. Witches and Diviners give off different energy than humans which is sometimes how they tell each other apart.” Luke’s energy was warm and inviting. It emanated out of him like an aura. “You know the city’s not far away. See if you can feel that.”

            I took a deep breath and I felt the energy of farther and farther away. Soon a clouded smoky energy began to fill my mind. The city. I could feel it’s large energy with all the people crowding in it. It was like a giant wall standing in the way of everything. There was so much energy piled on top of others. So I kept pushing, opening my mind to more and more. The energy kept spreading out as I could feel more and more of it. Soon people’s energies within the city began to hit me. More and more. I could feel all the people, all the hurrying, all the commotion. I began to get dizzy and nauseous.