🐚thirty-five🐚

I had slowly begins to stir, feeling extremely weak. I open my eyes lazily, glancing around the room. It was empty, only the sound of my heart monitor and the iv drip being heard. My eyes find their way to the door as I hear it open. Jonah walks in, a coffee in his hands as he reads something on his phone. He sits down by my bed, his eyes not leaving the phone.

"Jo?" His head snaps up, the boy quickly setting his coffee down as he looks at me.

"Baby you're awake! How're you feeling?" I lazily look over at him.

"Tired." I mumble. I place my hand over my stomach, my eyes shooting to the smaller bump. What? Jonah watches as I move the blankets, my eyes landing on the line of stitches. What the fuck?

"She's sleeping down the hall. She'll be ready to go when you are." I was still very confused.

"What? Jo what day is it?" His gaze softens as he grabs my hand.

"Bubba you were in a coma for 2 weeks. They had to do an emergency c section. Our babygirl has been getting stronger and is almost ready to go home. She just needs a name and her mama." He explains softly, his other hand rubbing over my hair.

"Indie. Indie Marais Frantzich." I say, closing my eyes.

"Go ahead and nap love. I'm gonna go get the paperwork for when you wake up. I'll bring Indie in too." I hum in response, the brunette boy still running his fingers over my hair.

"Sleep tight love."

——————————

A couple days had passed, and we were finally able to leave the hospital. They wheeled me out in a wheel chair as I held my baby girl. The second we got home, she wanted to eat, so I laid down on the couch, the small infant against my chest.

"I could get used to a sight like this." He says softly, smiling at me. I glance up at him, shaking my head with a small smile.

"Are you ready to be my slave for a few days? I won't be able to move much with my stitches." I say, glancing at the baby that was slowly falling asleep.

"Anything for my princesses. I don't want you lifting a finger." He hums, sitting beside me. He kisses my cheek before gently rubbing his thumb over Indie's tiny hair.

"I'm glad she's a splitting image of her mama. I wouldn't want it any other way." He hums.

"Except for her blue eyes." I say, smiling triumphantly. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Yes, except for her blue eyes." He smiles widely at me, before glancing at the baby.

"You know, I was gonna do this earlier, but one thing after another kept happening." He says, glancing away from me. I furrow my brows, looking at his nervous expression.

"Jonah whats wrong?" I ask. He glances at me and my frown deepens. He looks like he's gonna cry.

"Zach, I love you so god damn much. I really don't deserve you or our little one. I know I messed up a lot along the road, but I can't stop thinking about our future. Zach, baby, princess.... will you marry me?" He pulls a box out of his pocket and I immediately recognize it. It was the same one on the counter when he bought me flowers.

"Oh my god. I- Jonah I- yes." I was in shock, happy tears falling down my face. He places a soft and loving kiss on my lips before sliding the ring in my finger.

"I love you baby. More than you'll ever know."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

And that my friends, is the end of Waves

And that my friends, is the end of Waves. Thank you for reading! I'm excited to post Tour. Should I post the first chapter today? 

I didn't want to end it so soon but I didn't know how else to keep it going. I've been super busy but now I'm on break so who knows, maybe I can update a lil for y'all a few times ((:

Anywho, it's an end of an era, but the start of another one. Look out for Tour: a Dorbyn story (: