🐚twenty-one🐚

I shift, my face scrunching up. I didn't feel good at all. I felt nauseous, achy, and my head was pounding. I swallow thickly, grimacing. I did not feel good. This room was freezing. I pull the blankets closer to me as I shiver.

"Zachy! Mommy made some eggs." Reese says, skipping into my room excitedly. I hum in response, glancing at the small girl.

"Can you get mommy for me please?" I mumble. I didn't have the energy to move a whole lot.

"Are you okay?" She asks, frowning.

"I'm fine love bug. Just need mama to make sure I'm not sick. Don't want the baby getting sick do we?" She smiles, shaking her head. She skips out of the room, and down the hall. The second she's out of sight, a cough leaves my lips, causing me to wince.

"Hey baby you okay?" My mom asks as she walks in. I shake my head, glancing at her.

"I feel horrible. Mama I-" I cut myself off with a cough, grimacing right after. She frowns, placing her hand on my head. She immediately looks worried.

"Baby we have to get you to the hospital. If you have pneumonia this could be really bad." I nod, slowly sitting up. Wow my chest hurt. She places an arm around me, helping me put on my slides before walking me down the hall. Ryan and Reese glance over, frowning.

"Kids can you please get in the car? Zachy needs a little check up." They nod, immediately walking over to the door and putting on their shoes.

We get in the car and start the drive to the hospital. I really wish I could just go home and cuddle up to Jonah, both of us being happy. Too bad it's too good to be true.

We make it to the hospital, my mom having me sit as she walked up to the desk. A few minutes later the door opens and a woman smiles at us.

"Herron?" I slowly get up, the kids protesting when mom makes them stay put. I walk back, motioning to my phone when I look at my mom. She nods, sitting down.

"Good morning Mr. Herron, What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asks as we walk into an ER room.

"Well my mom thinks I have pneumonia." I say, struggling to crawl into the bed.

"That can be easily treat-oh." The doctor cuts herself off as she sees my tummy. I blush, pulling my shirt back down.

"Um I'm also pregnant." I say before coughing. I grimace, placing my hand on my chest.

"Mr. Herron let's get you settled okay? Pneumonia is very bad when pregnant. It's possible for not only you to be harmed, but the baby could get sick and possibly miscarry." I look at her with a frown.

"W-What?" A nurse comes in with a gown, a second one coming in with a bag and a bucket. I glance at the doctor as she walks up to me.

"Can I take a blood test? To make sure?" I hesitate but nod. She wipes my arm with an alcohol wipe. She pokes my arm, drawing some blood before putting a cotton ball and surgical tape.

I watch as the nurses put the items to the side. I guess just Incase I am sick?

After maybe 30 minutes, the doctor comes back. She didn't look happy.

"I'm sorry, I really am. You have pneumonia. You will have to be admitted." I look down at my lap. Oh..

"These nurses will help you get settled." I glance over at the two women, nodding. I had to tell Jonah. The nurses help me get dressed into a gown, placing heart monitors in both me and the bump before placing the blankets over me. Once I'm settled I text my mom.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry." My mom says as she walks in. Ryan and Reese follow behind her, looking at me sadly.

"Zachy are you okay?" She asks quietly, walking up to the bed. I rub my thumb over her cheek, smiling softly.

"I'll be okay love bug. I'm just a little sick." I say quietly. I glance at my mom, sighing.

"Did you call him?" She shakes his head. I grab my phone, dialing the familiar numbers, placing it to my ear.

"Hello? Baby I'm sorry. I was being an asshole. I deserved to sleep alone. God I'm so stupid! Are you on your way home? I miss you." I can't help the way lip wavers. I really didn't want to tell him.

"Um no I'm not on my way home love. I.. I need you to come to the hospital." I say carefully.

"Hospital? What happened? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" I let out a breathe, trying to hold back my tears.

"I'm fine, the baby is fine. I just- I'm sick Jonah. And it's very bad for the baby." I say, glancing hesitantly at my siblings. My mom was thankfully distracting them.

"No no no, I'm on my way." He hangs up, and I set my phone in the bed, a cough leaving my lips.

"Mama?" She looks over at me, and I grimace before looking at her.

"Can you ask a nurse for some more blankets? I'm really cold." I mumble. She nods, glancing at the kids.

"Stay in the chairs okay, try not to bother your brother." They nod, my mom leaving the room.

"Is the baby okay? I heard what you told the person on the phone." Ryan says. I sigh, glancing between him and Reese.

"The baby will be fine. They want me to stay here so they can watch the baby and make sure it's okay." I say, smiling small.

"Oh. Okay." My mom comes back in with a nurse and a few more blankets before smiling at me.

"Here sweetie. These should keep you warm." The nurse says, placing another blanket over me. She sets one to the side for in case I get colder.

"Thank you." I mumble. I cough again, whimpering after. I curl up on my side, holding the blankets close to me. I was almost asleep when Jonah stumbled in.

"Jonah? What are you doing here?" Ryan asks. The older male look at at him before blinking.

"I- Zach is uh he's my boyfriend." He says before making his way over to me. I smile at him tiredly, Jonah grabbing my hand.

"Hey baby. How're you feeling?" He asks softly. I close my eyes, humming.

"I don't feel very good." I mumble. He rubs his thumb over my hand, his other hand meeting my head as his thumb rubs over my forehead.

"Go ahead and rest love. I'll be here when you wake up. You'll be okay." He says softly. I hum, slowly falling asleep.

"I love you." I mumble.

"I love you too princess." And then I slowly fall asleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Daniel is so hot I-

My friend is taking me on a best friend date tonight because the guy I was seeing messaged me and said he didn't like me anymore. That I wasn't enough for him (: love that for me!