🐚thirty-four🐚

"He's due within a few weeks, just give us two months, we'll work in the studio while both boys are recovering." I say, to both Jon and the representative from the label. My phone starts to ring, and I glance at it.

"Do you need to take that?" Jon asks. I lock my phone, putting it down.

"No I'll be fine. It was an unknown number." I say, glancing at the papers in front of us again.

"So we can start tour in January? Maybe do a few Christmas shows in December-" my phone  goes off again and I quickly push decline.

"As I was saying-" My phone goes off again and I stand up.

"I'm just gonna see who it is. I'm sorry." I leave the room, quickly pressing accept.

"Hello?" I ask, quite annoyed.

"Hi is this Jonah Marais?" A woman asks.

"Uh yes this is he." I say, glancing at my watch. I really didn't have time for this. The quicker this meeting is over the quicker I get to go home.

"You were listed as the second emergency contact for Zachary Herron. His first is in the hospital as well." I could feel my breathe catch in my throat.

"Hospital? What happened? Is he giving birth it's too early?!" I was panicking, not knowing what to do or say.

"No he was in a car accident sir. Is there anyway you can come down to the hospital to answer a few questions?"

"Yea yea of course." I hang up, running back into the meeting room.

"I gotta go. It's Zach- there's been an accident." I say, quickly grabbing my keys off the table. Jon immediately stands up.

"Is he okay? What's going on?"Jon says worriedly.

"I-I don't know they didn't tell me." I begin to panic, scrambling to get the right key as I run down the stairs and out of the building.

I was definitely not going the speed limit as I drove to the hospital. I quickly parked, running into the building. The lady at the desk looked startled as I ran up to it, panting heavily.

"Zachary Herron. Where is Zachary Herron?" I pant.

"ER4, just through the door and too the left." I nod, thanking her before heading in the direction she pointed too. I counted the rooms until my eyes landed on the four. I push past the curtain, my heart shattering.

"No no no." He looked horrible. He had a horrible bruise on the side of his face, as well as a cut on his eyebrow. His lip was busted and he had a tube in his mouth, most likely helping him breathe. His eyes were closed and his hair was a mess.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I should've been there, I'm so sorry." I sniffle, grabbing his hand. My lip trembled when I realized it was cold and limp.

"Mr. Marais? Can we asks a few questions? Then we'll let you know what's going on." I glance up, seeing a doctor.

"Yea yea of course. Anything to help." I say, wiping my eyes.

"It appears Mr. Herron is pregnant and very far along, how far is he exactly?" I glance at his prominent belly.

"31 weeks. He only has one living twin, the other was a miscarry." I say, glancing back at her.

"Ok and is he allergic to any medications?" I shake my head.

"Ok that should be it. Now I'm sure you want to know how he's doing." I nod.

"He was on the side that was hit. He did pass out and well, we have yet for him to wake up. His vitals have been going up and down, so we're regularly checking on him. Baby seems fine, and we're hoping He can wake up soon for a more thorough check up." She says, glancing at me.

"He's okay?" I ask shakily.

"As of right now yes." I let out a breath of relief as I glance back at the boy.

"I'll leave you two alone." She leaves and I gently squeeze his limp hand.

"You've got this baby. You're strong." I say quietly, sniffling right after.

<><><><><><><><><><>

And we back... again haha. This book is coming to an end :( maybe 5-6 chapters at most. I am not as sad as I was with Ocean, only because I know you guys will love Tour!! I can't wait to write Dorbyn again. It's quite literally my fav ship ((:

I might also release the short story I've been writing on the side- who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️