🐚three🐚

We were now in New York, having done our pop up shop yesterday and had today off. I was getting ready to leave and just take a walk around Central Park to clear my head. I glance at the sleeping boy in bed, my heart aching. I just wish I could give him what he wants and not care... but it's impossible. So with one final sigh, I slip out.

I walk down the hall, holding my hoodie closer to my body. It was late September in New York, this bitch was fucking cold. I leave the hotel, walking down the street. I keep walking until I get to Central Park, sitting on a bench. I glance around, the sound of people walking and birds chirping was actually quite peaceful. I was able to relax a little, contently watching life continue around me.

"Zach? What are you doing out here? It's cold as hell." I turn around, sighing in relief when I see a man talking to his son, the boy protesting before the dad takes his hand and they leave. I don't know why I was so paranoid.

"Zach?" I don't turn around, of course assuming it was another kid.

"Jesus I've been looking everywhere for you!" I jump as Jonah sits beside me.

"Jonah? W-what are you doing here?" He runs a hand through his hair, looking out at the park.

"I woke up and you were nowhere to be seen. I tried calling you but you didn't answer. So I walked around until I saw you. You shouldn't be out here." I frown, looking around for an escape.

"I'm fine."

"Do you not love me anymore?" I stiffen, looking over at him.

"What? No of course I love you. I'm just- I'm going through stuff okay? I need to deal with alone." I say, looking away from him again.

"Do you really need to do this alone? I can help you if you just let me." I stand up, Jonah doing the same.

"I- I'm fine okay." I turn away from him, walking away.

"Zach! Zach god damnit just talk to me!" I keep walking, ignoring him as I will away the tears threatening to spill.

"Zach!" I was beyond annoyed now, turning around.

"What-" my breath catches in my throat. I was in the street and a car was coming right at me.  I was frozen in fear, unable to move as it got closer, honking. It wasn't until a body collided with mine and the car zoomed past that I came to my senses.

Jonah was on top of me, his hands cradling my head as I began to cry. He rolled over so I was on him, the boy wincing before looking at me.

"Hey it's okay. You're okay. I've got you bubby I've got you." We laid there for a little while, Jonah holding me and trying to calm me down. People were giving us weird looks but I didn't care.

Eventually Jonah convinced me to go back to the hotel. When we had gotten back the first thing I did was strip and go under the covers, my body still trembling. He frowned, taking off his coat.

"H-hold me?" I ask. He nods, not looking at me. I didn't fail to notice his sad expression. He quietly changes out of his clothes before joining me on the bed.

Almost immediately I cuddle up to him. He holds me close to his body, his body heat warming me instantly. His heart beat slowly calms me down, my eyes slipping shut. As soon as I start to fall asleep I hear Jonah tap on his phone.

"Hello? Jack hey. Um I want to talk to you.. about Zach. I know you were friends with him before we started the band and I just wanna know if, we'll if he was depressed before?" I shift on his chest, moving my leg over his before settling down again.

"Oh. Yea um he's been really upset recently. He won't talk to me and I'm scared. Jack he walked out in the street today and didn't move when car came at him. I had to push him out of the way." Jonah's chest was a little shaky now but I didn't wake up.

"Ok. Thanks Jack. Really thank you." And out I go.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Heyyyyy.

I went to the gym yesterday and now I'm sore :( but that's okay cause I'm just gonna relax today anyways (: I hope you guys have had a good few days. Corbyn turns 21 tomorrow 🥺