🐚thirty-two🐚

A few more weeks had passed and I was now 27 weeks. My stomach was huge, and actually left me and Jonah both worried. I shouldn't be this big. I was in the bath currently, Jonah in our room nearby. He was gathering some clothes for me as I soaked.

I felt a sharp pain in my belly, causing me to wince, breathing out slowly as I rub my swollen stomach.

"You gotta be nice to mama baby girl." I breathe out.

I feel it again, my hand going to clutch onto the tub. I let out a breath once again, glancing at my stomach. However my gaze drifted to the red tinted water. I slowly start to panic, tears reaching my eyes.

"Jonah!" I cry out, tears falling down my cheeks. The boy comes stumbling in, looking at me in worry.

"Baby what's wrong? What is-" He cuts himself off as his eyes land on the water.

"Holy shit." He quickly helps me out of the tub, drying me off.

"Let's go to the hospital okay? Make sure everything's okay." I nod, wiping my eyes. He helps me get dressed, the boy cautiously helping me down the hallway and to the door.

After maybe twenty minutes, we were in the truck and on the way to the hospital. I was crying the whole time, not helping Jonah's panic. The second we get there, Jonah parks out front, running into the building. I was still sobbing, the pain very much still there. I didn't even notice he came back until my door was being opened and two doctors were by my side.

"We're going to help you onto the gurney okay?" I just nod, unable to speak as I hiccup.

"Can you tell us what's going on?" One of them asks as they start to wheel me into the building.

"I-it hurts and there's blood." I sob, the men nodding as they rush me into a room. Jonah had to go move the truck so I was freaking out a little bit not having him here.

"My name is Doctor Manning. I work pregnancies." A woman I didn't see before says, glancing me over as the nurses get me settled.

"I'm gonna take a look okay?" I nod, watching as she gently pulls down my pants and boxers, blood being seen on the undergarment.

"This doesn't look to good. Get the ultrasound set up please." She says to the nurse. I watch in worry, as she messed with it before grabbing the gel and squirting it on my stomach. She sets the wand over it, looking at the screen. You could see my baby girl, the heartbeat clear as day.

"I don't understand?" She says, looking from the screen to my stomach. She moves the wand some more to the side, her gaze softening.

"Mr. Herron-" Before she could say anything, Jonah ran into the room, breathing heavily.

"What's going on? Is he okay? Is she okay?" He asks frantically, glancing at the doctor as he grabs my hand.

"You might want to sit down." My face falls, as does Jonah's.

"W-whats wrong with my baby?" I ask, Jonah squeezing my hand.

"Well, Mr. Herron, it appears you are experiencing a miscarriage." I could feel my heart stop. I just lost my baby girl? Jonah places his hand over his mouth, tears quickly falling from his eyes.

"W-What? B-but shes right there! She looks just fine!" I sob, my heart aching immensely.

"She is fine, her twin however, did not make it. Which is why you were in pain, and bleeding." Twin?! I was having two baby girls and one didn't make it?!

"T-twin?" I sniffle, Jonah squeezing my hand.

"Yes. Im sorry for your loss, she will have to be carried to term to keep your other baby girl healthy. We would like to keep you over night to monitor you and the remaining baby if that's okay?" I felt numb. This was all my fault. I got sick and now my baby doesn't even get to see the light of day? How could I do that to her? I couldn't find it in me to respond, silent tears falling down my face.

"Um yea yea that's fine. I just- I think we need a moment." Jonah says, his voice shaky.

The doctors got me settled, an adult diaper on my body as well as a gown as I lay on the bed, numb.

One of my babies is gone and it's all my fault.

<><><><><><><><><><>

IM SORRY DON'T HATE ME

IM SORRY DON'T HATE ME. ITS FOR THE STORY LINE OKAY.

I have work tomorrow so I gotta peace out but imma try to update hate tomorrow. Ily guys! Gn (: