Questions

DENEVIEUH,
The Forest of Erydria,
2420AA.

The spectating group of six watched with bafflement as life began to slowly seep into the little girl's body. It started with life flowing into her skin and then into her flesh and eventually, her hair turned back from a dull grey to a golden hued yellow. The circles under eyes were also quickly dissipating even as the initial paleness of her skin was replaced by a healthy flush of pink that spoke of the healing that was now taking place all over her body.

Confounded, the Elder Tamaar looked back at her daughter with wonderment. Impressed at the feats that she was now able to accomplish even without an emollient. It had taken time but Tamaar knew of healing sessions that had taken even longer but without the same results. What was even more astounding was witnessing her new glory. Verdant robes bleeding into red before settling down to the rare shade that was pink. 

There were many reds on Triberias, but all of them were usually of a darker shade that was quite different from the pink that she was now spotting. It was a rare hue indeed and had she not witnessed the change hapenning before her very own eyes, Tamaar would not have believed it.

What did it mean to have a shade of red this light? It was like the light itself had been imbued into the colour, making it more lovelier than all the other shades of crimson that she had ever witnessed in her moderately long life. But also, she knew that the brighter the colour, the stronger the Virtue in that particular cohort. So, essentially it meant, that in just a few weeks, Havillah had not only overcome her banishment, but she had also grown in leaps, so much as to surpass even those that were now of her current cohort.

Could that mean that she was finally cultivating her First Virtue? From what she had seen, she still had some way to go, but even then, the red should not have been that bright.

Then what did it mean? Tamaar would have liked to continue hypothesising, but Havillah was speaking once again. She had uttered some words before, but it was clear back then that she had been deliberating. And then, there was the single commands that resembled the Modi within the First Virtue. Had she finally grasped it?

"Did I do it?" She was now saying. A single sentence. No. A question. One that made Tamaar wonder as she thought back to her earlier hypothesis. Did she truly have help? And if so, from whom? The clairvoyant in her rose up to survey the area, but was pushed back by another gust of wind that was much like the first wave that had silenced her back then.

"STOP." a voice warned as it spoke from somewhere close to her ears. Tamaar trembled, shaken by the revelation that she had just acquired.

At that moment, she decided to do as she had been told. She did not know how safe it was to continue pushing. However, that did not stop her from thinking or dissecting the true identity of the entity. The being that had latched on to her unknowing daughter.

Was it the source of her new found strength and was it going to be a problem? Was Havillah truly unaware of its presence and if she was aware, what did she even think she was doing? Tamaar did not know, nor could she guess at its true intentions. She could not even begin to imagine what it intended to achieve by being helpful. Mischievous spirits like this were always unpredictable and the knowledge she had acquired from the scrolls in the House of Dove was not enough to help her deal with this kind of situation. No,  they had never mentioned anything about spirits and she cursed herself for not having read more in a way that she could have been able to help her cause.

She would have to do some more research later, she finally decided. If the presence allowed her to, that is and hopefully, when they got back to the house in Bethesda, she would finally find a way to rid herself of its interference.