Heart to Heart

HANNA MALIA FRIGATE SHIP,
The sea of Ervana,
East of Elydria,
2420 AA, After the Great Ascension.

Havillah was amazed at how Killion was able to escape the horde of inquisitive soldiers. They seemed a little bit dismayed by his tactic, but nonetheless, they obeyed him.

As for the other soldier. The one that had come with her, true to his word, he had disappeared as soon as he had delivered her to Killion. Now, it was just the two of them. Walking down the corridors of the huge frigate ship.  A rather curious sight for her, who had never been on board such a vessel before.

For how could she when all the Great did not require it? Any form of transportation would have been counter productive especially since their speeds and efficiency could never match that of a Great that was pulsing with Virtue.

There were also portals. Ancient doorways that were employed for the more menial tasks and anyway, due to the nature of the city, the need for transportation had always been scarce.

For one, there were travel restrictions imposed either by law or the crumbling of city scaffolds and two, because of the barrier mists, it was not possible to travel to the other Winds.  For now, the Great could only fly or hover as the portals were solely restricted for use by those of elder glory and above and only within the Eastern winds.

Therefore being in such a vessel was a treat in itself and were it not for the shadow of failure that was still hanging heavily upon her head, Havillah would have called it an adventure and even managed to become somewhat excited about it. But now, seeing all these new sights only brought tears to her eyes even as it affirmed what she had not been ready to accept.

That she could not go home and that all her past relations, either good or bad, were also lost to her.

She snivelled as she spoke the very words to the Killion after narrating all her ordeals to the stranger whose life she had saved and who had come to somewhat be responsible for her own life as well.

"And that is how I came to be here. The rest of it, you already know." she flicked back the stray strands of her thigh long hair as she turned away from the rolling view of the ocean outside, to gaze back into the small cabin where Killion was struggling to come into terms with some details of her story.

A small smile tugged at her lips, her own insurance against the tears that even now were threatening trickle down her somewhat rounded caramel cheeks. This time she was successful in the feat and even as she stared back at the lithe form of the soldier that was propped back against a desk in the farthest corner of the room, she could only thank the Light for her good fortune.

Yes, there was a lot that had gone wrong, but she was also alive and well, and not only had she managed to trace him but also, she had found him quite willing to help her in a rather desperate situation.

Thisroom was the Captain's cabin. Living quarters that were easily the largest on aboard that huge frigate ship and one that he had gladly given up much to the consternation of one of the soldiers in his moderately sized crew.

Of course, Killion had ignored her. He had ignored her sour looks and the protestations that must have been hanging at the very edge of her cutting tongue, just like he had done for the past fifteen years as the two of them were growing up together.

He was very aware that she could be a little possessive. Thanks to that little arrangement that his mother, in a moment of insanity, had acceded to. Back then her attentions had seemed harmless enough and even lately he confessed to having heeded to some of her tantrums, but now, after this matter with Havillah, things would certainly be called different and he hoped that she could finally see that.