The Retelling

"Havillah?" Havillah turned to see Jharey following her out of the room and into the corridor. It was the first time he had referred to her by her name and for some reason she found herself smiling.

"How can I help you beyond getting my mother to talk to you? "

"I am not here on personal business but on behalf on my people. Mima tells me that there is a group of Bethesdan soldiers waiting out there?"

His face hardened as he came to stand beside her.

"So it would seem." she replied with a sigh. She already knew where this was going. After all that spy business that is. However, who could fault him? Her presence there had attracted the very people that he had a problem with. "But I assure you I am not their spy."

"Do you then need protecting?" her eyebrows rose with the question in her eyes.

"I am afraid I do not understand you."

"You once said that you were running."

"Mmh... " he had remembered that? "I am not in any trouble...I think." she added after recallimg that she had seen Calla there. But Jharey did not know of their history, so what had convinced him that she was in trouble?

"Are you sure?" he asked her with the same eyes that she had seen him regard Sophir. Like she was his responsibility now and it made her feel flattered that he would regard as such.

She nodded.

"Fine then." he said as he continued walking out towards the front door.

"Uhm... Aren't you going back to Sophir?" she could already foresee a problem there. "I assure you I will be fine."

"Yes, but we still have strangers here. In my territory!"

Right, but did he think that he could take them all on his own. She did not stop him though. She guessed it was something that he had to do because he was the headman of this town.

Havillah followed after him. Struggling to keep up with his longer strides. After all, he was much taller than her and even taller than Killion now that she was thinking about it. Like the leader that he was, he walked out confidently. Walking down the front steps like he owned everything, which in truth, he actually did.

"Captain! " he bellowed out and the Bethesdan group turned around to face at him. "Where is your Captain?" he demanded.

Killion had been brooding, standing away from his group when the man had called out. He had watched as the man walked out with Havillah behind him casting him furtive glances that were quite foreign with her. That did not sit well with him and an uncomfortable feeling settled in his chest as he watched the two of them walk out from the bungalow.

She looked lovely though, he had to admit. With her hair braided into a tail that was now hanging over her shoulder covered by pink robes that continued to trail on behind her. In essence, she looked the picture of adorableness. Especially with the giant of a man standing before her as if he was some kind of a shield against them.

Would he protect her even from him? What had she told him about them? The man seemed quite hostile and Killion could not imagine that it was just because he was a Bethesdan.

"Captain!" he bellowed out once again, tipping his hat as he did so. His other hand rested on the decorated hilt of his broad sword and Killion breathed out a tired sigh at the obvious challenge.

So this was the mayor of Denevieuh? He thought as he pushed off the tree that he had rested his back on and began advancing towards the man. Diplomacy or war? He was not very much in a diplomatic mood as his weariness and the events of the last few days and especially earlier on that evening were weighing heavily on his mind. Couple that with this new emotions that were stirring in his heart, Killion was not sure how this confrontation would finally end up. Still, it was his duty as the Captain. Despite how he was feeling, he would have to suck it up and do what was needed. After all, he was in the wrong here for having walked out into this man's territory without a slip of his approval.