The Family

BETHESDA ,
Central District,
The Inner Ring,
2420AA,.

"Havillah!"

"Havillah!" Killion shouted once again unable to restrain himself from banging his fists on the heavily gilded doors. The barrier was down, he had noticed it that night and even though that worried him, he was more concerned about Havillah's welfare and the fact that she seemed to be continuously avoiding him.

Grandma Kezzia's words were still ringing in his mind.

He had been charged not to go back home without Havillah and any protests his mother had made to defend him had been met with a glare and a cold shoulder. An event that rarely occurred between his two guardians even though they bickered all the time.

Things were that serious, but who could blame them? On one side was his mother and her friendship with Selene. A friendship that had withstood the test of time despite the two women being largely different in form and disposition. It was a great friendship, one that had started in their youth.

Despite the not so subtle differences in their characters, the affection was there and it ran deep. Cemented by a hope that their two families would finally be joined through a marriage of their only children.

On the other side was grandma Kezzia and she herself was a force to be reckoned with. A strong woman who despite being old was not frail. She delighted herself in the awkward and desired to be different if only to challenge the status quo which in this case was the unwritten law that Killion and Calla should end up together.

The presence of Havillah had challenged the status quo much to her delight and the fact that Killion did not take the two mothers seriously, that as well seemed to fuel her dreams of making things worse especially where his mother and Calla were concerned.

It did not matter to them that  Havillah had insisted on looking at him as a friend and now, because of all these, the drama and women's shenanigans. Because of his mother's attitude towards her and because of Calla reactions and her jealousy, everything had played out into a big mess. One that he had no idea how to fix now.

"Havillah! Please, hear me out!" he called out once again even after she had ignored his first 'hundred' attempts. The woman was stubborn, but then again, that was the price he had to pay for what he had taken her through.

Hadn't she been gracious enough to save him and risk everything for him? Yet, how he had paid back? How had he paid her back for saving his life and restoring health back to him?

Killion was so deeply strung up and lost in his thoughts that he did not hear the subtle changes in the wind or the soft patter of feet until they were directly behind him and speaking.

"Who are you and what do you have to do with Havillah?" a strong feminine voice suddenly spoke and he turned around startled.

The sight that awaited him though was even more startling. For before him now stood a woman. One whose appearance was quite strange and rather far removed from this world.

She was the age of his own mother. She should have been, but with those wise grey eyes and the severe look on her face it gave him the impression of someone older. Her skin tone was dark caramel. Her hair a dark but instead of making her older, it gave her an appearance of a youthfulness that seemed timeless. However, that was not what surprised Killion.

Her long, shimmering golden embroidered robes did that.

For like Havillah, the woman had a long silken robe that was a deep purple. A colour that contrasting sharply with the wavy silver tresses that cascaded down her head to the back of her robes before quitting at the very back of her knees. Her face was angular and the more he dwelled on it and gazed into the silver irises that matched her hair, the more he saw the similarities that she bore towards Havillah.