Their Mima

DENEVIEUH,
The Forest of Erydria,
2420A.A,

The woman stared out at the mess that she had created. She knew it deep in her bones that it was all because of her. It was all her fault. Had she been more attentive, then this would not have happened to little Sophir and the little girl would still have been fine.

This family had been so good to her and protected her despite everything and this was how she had repaid them. By bringing more disaster right to their doorstep.

She stared out at the crumbled form that still sat beside the pool of Sophir's blood. Somehow, this girl had been able to dispel the fog that she knew Ophiria had reinforced because of her.

"What did you do?" She whispered as she drew closer to her. She was breathtakingly beautiful with long black hair that grazed the floor and a beautiful green robe with golden embroidery. Yet, she could not see what Sophir had been talking about when she called her an angel. Could she really fly? Did she have wings or had Sophir's imagination ran wild with her.

For some reason, the young woman was weeping and Mima wondered if she was genuinely concerned about their Sophir and what had happened to her. Could it be that she actually wanted to help? Before then, Mima had dismissed her. That was the first time that she had seen her and left her with Jharey. She had been too worried about Sophir that she had walked away without a greeting.

She had known that Jharey had gone on to imprison her. He had handled her roughly and yet this girl, a total stranger had been the one to save their Sophir?

"What technology is that? Is it true then that you are a spy from Bethesda?"

"I do not know what you are talking about." Havillah whispered. "but you have to convince Jharey to allow me to help her." She turned her tear filled eyes at her, staining her caramel skin that was so much like her own, but where Mima's eyes were dark, this girl's eyes were silver.

"Who do you think you are little girl? There is no technology around that can reverse the effects of these terrors. Had there been any, Jharey would have already gotten his hands on one."

"I am not talking about technology. It's hard to explain, but I am a...my race..." Havillah stuttered, unwilling to use the word not human or Great in her explanation. She had seen how Gabriel had reacted to it and did not want a repeat of the same right now. "I...I..." Mima watched as she girl fumbled, seemingly lost for words to explain what she was.

"What are you?" She ground out. "I advice you to go with the truth little girl."

"It's not that! Its just that it's really hard to explain." Havillah complained.

"Well...go with what you have. I assure you that I have heard stranger things. "

Havillah nodded.

"Well...My people call themselves the Great, but I believe the people here used to call us the Priesthood or so I have been told." She muttered as she stood up from beside the drying pool of blood. "We have these abilities... Powers you could call them that if you allow me to use them, I may be of help to her. I have already closed up the wounds but I do not know why she did not wake up."

"That is because she is asleep. To close your eyes in the fog even for a minute means that there is no more waking."

"Asleep?" Havillah gasped.

"It means that in time she will end up becoming one of the Sleepers." Mima answered her, her thoughts swimming with the words that the girl had just spoken. She had called herself a Great. A Great just like her father who had died all those years ago and wasn't she and Jharey and Sophir at the mercy of yet another Great?