The Jealous and Restoration

HANNA MALIA FRIGATE SHIP,
The sea of Ervana,
East of the Elydrian Continent,
2420 AA,

"What are you glaring at?" Gabriel spoke from behind her and Calla turned to glare back at the junior lieutenant who was always grating at her nerves.

"I am NOT glaring!" she stated firmly before turning back to the Captain. "Surely Captain, you don't believe him now, do you?"

"About the glaring or my story?"

"Arggh Connors! Will you just quit it? You know what I mean!" she exploded, her irritation growing to the point that she was short of stamping her feet to air out her frustrations.

"But I am telling the truth. I was there and I saw it. The girl exploded into a ball of light and then, all the wyverns just flew away or was it dissipated into a cloud of dark vapour?" a hand found its way to his chin, his forehead furrowing as he seemed to ponder that statement for a while.

"Really? " Killion thought as he laughed internally. Was he aware that his self doubt would only raise more questions with Calla or was he doing it intentionally in order to further rile her? Having had his own encounter with Havillah, he understood him however. For the things that happened around that Great would have any human questioning his own sanity let alone his own eyes.

"Well...they disappeared into a cloud of black vapour!" he suddenly threw out, deciding to go with that for the time being.

"Oh please! Captain! We've already tried that countless times before and it has never worked out!"

Why would it work now and for her of all people? Killion could almost hear her think as she riposted, directing her sentiments towards him, who was apparently calmly seated on his seat upon the bridge. He was not calm however, even with his hands folded beneath his chin and the bored expression that had found its way to his visage thank you to the shenanigans of his two fighting teammates. No, how could he, when he had the surprise guest that was now lodging in his cabin just a few metres below deck?

"I am telling you it worked! And pretty well at that!" Connors yelled as he took a step forward ready to confront her. He appeared intimidating as he drove his point home and for a moment, Killion worried that he would strike her just to prove his point.

"Back down Connors, you too Barrageway." he finally stepped in. His hands had dropped hands from his chin and his back had straightened even as he adopted a more commanding mien."Anyway, I am going to speak to Havillah and after that, I will see how well we can handle the situation." He said to the two fighting officers.

Calla rolled her eyes in annoyance. That is before she turned away in a huff and refused to look at the two of them. Behind her, Gabriel smirked, happy to have received the Captain's sentiments as a proof of a personal victory over the woman.

"So you believe me right? I swear this is not one of those instances where... "

"I know." Killion smiled as he laughed silently at what was not said. True, Connors had a knack for being nutty, but in this instance, he could tell without a doubt that the younger man was not fibbing. After all this was Havillah they were talking about. He had not known her for long. For just a few hours actually, but he was truly aware that abnormal things tended to happen where she was involved. In fact nothing about her was normal where human beings were concerned. But had she not said it? That she was not human but a Great whatever that meant?

With a heavy sigh, he stood up. There were more questions than answers but it was also true that they may have finally found a breakthrough and he intended to exploit it to the maximum if it meant saving a few more lives."Sorry Havillah. " he thought as he reached out a hand to grip the arm of his junior lieutenant. "I believe you Connors. I know Havillah or at least, I like to believe that I do, and if she is capable of flying that small sailing boat of yours all the way from the docks to here. Then, I don't have any doubt that she is also capable of doing all that you have told us she was able to accomplish. Right now however..." he trailed off as a cabin boy came in sauntering into the room. " Anyway, We'll talk later," he added as he wandered off to meet the boy.