Family Ties

DENEVIEUH,
The Forest of Erydria,
2420AA.

Mima had told her to wait outside while she went in to try and convince Jharey. It would take time, Havillah knew this. She had seen the way he had looked at her and he definitely blamed her for this misfortune. She blamed herself too. For Sophir would not have come down there had she not been looking for her. What an 'angel' she had turned out to be. Havillah sighed as she looked out towards the town.

The fog had now lifted. It was still cold but unlike before she could see the lights that were on down there. The town was also quiet. The howling from before having faded with the receding of the mists. It seemed that the Sleepers had also turned docile.

What had happened down there? Once again, she had done something that she was not aware of. All she could recall were her emotions at that time. Her conviction as she screamed that word. However, could she do it again if the situation needed it? She was not foolish enough to imagine that the situation was now solved. For now, the fog had receded, but who knew if it would come again? There was also the issue of Sophir and the Sleepers. They still were not waking up and Havillah knew that situation was not going to be as easy or as straight forward as in the case of the wyverns.

Jharey had been both right and wrong. This terror may not have been as big or as the terrirbly looking as those wyverns, but it was definitely deadly and difficult to deal with. For one, their numbers were more and the lack of a physical body made it even harder for the people to fight.

From what she had grasped from her previous encounter with what she was now sure was a terror, there were other aspects to consider as well, and as she thought hard on this, she wondered how she would utilise her new found knowledge and her experience to help out Sophir.

"Havillah?" a voice called out and she looked down startled. She had not expected anyone to be out there at this time of night. What was even more frightening was the fact that this one knew her name and the voice? It sounded so familiar...

"Havillah!" A mass of yellow in green robes accosted her and she fell back against the wall in surprise. She had been standing right outside the door, near the steps that led up to the entrance. With her back against the wall, she had been sure that she would have a good view of anyone approaching her from the front steps. But where had she come from? She thought as she looked up into the space above her.

"Moriella? Mother? What are you doing here?" she uttered in surprise.

"And me too! " the bundle of yellow and green declared in her arms.

"Cjaira?" Havillah's head bent backwards as she tried to look into the face of the young girl.

"I was so worried about you." The girl wept in her arms and a small smile tagged at Havillah's lips even as she patted the girl's golden head.

"I am fine Cjaira." Havillah replied.

"Are you really?"

Her mother finally spoke up and Havillah turned to look at her. The girl's hold had loosened as well and Havillah was able to move closer to the other pair. She remained hanging  onto her though, and thus, the pair moved forward as one. The other two had just landed and even now, Havillah could imagine what their eyes were focused on.

"It's not mine." she replied, looking down at Sophir's blood that stained her now emerald robes. In a hurry to offer her help, she had forgotten all about it and thus, she had not remembered to activate the self cleansing function that was found on all Triban robes.

"Verdant." Her mother seemed to take in the colour of her robes, before once again, burying herself in deep thought.

"Eh? " Havillah frowned back in response.