Finally, she breathed out a defeated sigh as she forced her mind to go back in time. "The mind is a bridge that allows the Other to manifest in this physical plane. For the Great, this bridge is usually open but in humans it is somewhat clogged? But they attacked me in my dream? " she spoke out loudly as she tried to connect the two incidences. "Night terrors are dreams. Terrible dreams. Therefore, this terror is a terror of dreams?" she questioned as her mind turned over all the she information that she had gathered up to that point. "And those tendrils are connected to those voices...Voices that induce sleep and terrible dreams?" But when it came to how the dreams were connected to the Other. There she became stuck.

"Try to remember how you dispersed them at that time. " the voice finally decided to help her.

"I can only remember shouting something." Both times she recalled. She had also been feeling something and quite strongly at that.  When she had spoken, a light had broken out and engulfed the darkness. "Therefore, there is feeling and there is thought. The heart and the mind and the mind is therefore the bridge!" She exclaimed as she transferred her free hand from the girl's chest to her head. If she needed to see into the Other, then the body would never be the key. It being a vessel of this plane it would always limit her. So she focused on the one place that she knew was housing both the conscious and the unconscious thought.

At first, she could see nothing beyond a network of a misfiring nervous system and it frustrated her to no end as time was also running out. Try as she may the patterns remained as they had been before and she could almost hear the voice sigh in her mind.

"Dreams." it gave in the way of a hint.

"What am I supposed to do with that? " she almost growled out with frustration. Was there really a way to tap into another person's dreams?

"Open your eyes Havillah."

"Open my eyes?" she was now incensed. "You-" she began to snap back and then, it finally hit her. She did not need physical eyes in order to have dreams.That was what it meant.

Essentially dreams were how her mind communed with her heart. But there was something else. She suspected. However,  the was no time for the researcher in her to sift through everything. For now she knew what was expected of her. What the voice had been trying to tell her. For largely, her dreams were connected to her feelings and empathy was one other way that one could see into anothers heart or in this case, their feelings.

This changed her perspective of the whole thing and she calmed down as she focused on feeling. There was something there, she realised as she felt the tag on her heart. Slowly, she separated her own feelings and focused on what she felt was foreign. Suddenly, the feelings overwhelmed her even as dark images flooded her senses.

It was all dark and grey and there was so much cold and fear and anxiety. Havillah detested it. She did not want any of it. No, she began to reject it, but she did not know how to escape it.

"Focus! Do not allow yourself to be swallowed up." A voice called out and Havillah stilled in her confusion.

"Focus." she repeated the words. What did she want? "Light." she thought out loudly as she remembered everything she had been told and had found out through her own revelations. The purpose of the voices was to create mental suggestions and in doing so, they directed thought. After thought came the spoken word that was necessary in almost all Modi. The  emotions and the convictions of the heart acting as a fuel that propelled these seeds from the Other to the physical plane.

She had succeeded to some extent in finding the bridge to Sophir's heart, even without her speaking her mind or expressing her thoughts and dreams to her. But what was she to do next?