Comms

"Millennium Falcon, this is Black Leader." A voice broke the silence over the comlink. Finn was sitting in the cockpit alone, he knew he had to answer it. He dried his tears and cleared his throat.

"Go ahead, Poe," his voice wavered as he spoke.

"Finn! Buddy! Any sign of Kylo Ren?" Poe asked casually, as if it were no more consequential than asking about their flight. But the subject weighed heavily on Finn's mind. He had the chance to kill Kylo, but he had made the choice to spare him, and they were squandering every last medical supply on board to save the man who had saved Finn's best friend. And whom his best friend loved. How could he explain that to Poe? How could he let him down? He was caught between the two people he cared about most—and his moral compass was on Rey's side.

"No," Finn choked. "Nothing." He stifled a sob and dropped his head into his hands. When did war become so complicated?

"Well, keep an eye out. The Finalizer is outside of the Ilum atmosphere, and we have just engaged them. We will initiate our strike once the rest of the alliance arrives. With any luck, we end the war here and now."

Finn was going to answer his friend, but he was distracted. Another voice was hailing him. It was the Millennium Falcon's Master Comms.

Dread sank in his stomach.