High Treason

"General Hux, the last of the Knights of Ren have arrived. Shall I inform the Supreme Leader?" Lieutenant Mitaka stood patiently waiting for an order, as the general faced away from him, overlooking the complex machine looming in the darkness.

"No, send them to me," he said.

"Sir?"

"I have a special security Holovid to show them, to ensure their loyalty to me." Without turning, Hux activated the Holovid, moving the projector into view of the officer. The images of Kylo using Luke's lightsaber against Snoke and the following battle with the Praetorian guard flashed in front of them both. "Wait, wait, wait this is my favorite part," he laughed as Rey reached for the lightsaber rather than Kylo's hand.

"Sir, how did you..." Mitaka stammered.

"I had it salvaged from the wreckage of the Supremacy." With a chuckle, Hux slipped the projector back into his pocket. "He should have known, we have security cams all over our ships, someone is always watching."

"Sir, this is high treason, should we bring this to the attention of the..."

"All in good time," Hux said, grinning wickedly in the darkness. "But first, Ren must lead us to the girl, the last of the Jedi, and the remnants of the Resistance that he let slip through our grasp. The girl and her band of traitors will be no match for the Knights of Ren. Then I can begin my experimentation with Force Destiny and the power of what dark energy can create. The applications are limitless."

Hux couldn't see the Lieutenant, but he could hear the edge of fear in his voice. "Yes, sir."

"And bring me the Rodian bounty hunter, I have a job of collection and live transport for him." He gestured lazily and then returned his clasped hands behind his back, silently admiring his work. "That is all."