0.5

*Edited*

|| S ||

⠀⠀I walk into the crowded karaoke bar and wave goodbye to Derek from the door. He waves back and drives away. I take a deep breath and look for Luke, only to see him straight ahead looking at me. The attention shocks me and makes me feel nervous and uncomfortable. I look down and slowly walk over to the table. I take a seat next to Luke. He looks like he is going to say something, but the little watch in my purse beeping stops him. Great, pill time again. Quickly I take the some pills out and shove the bottles back into my bag. I swallow the pills quickly, feeling even more uncomfortable doing it in front of them. Knowing they think i'm a druggie or whatever Calum says.

"So, Selena, You gonna sing tonight?" Luke asks, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Um...I guess, I mean it's karaoke" I mumble.

"You should go up now then" He tells me.

⠀⠀I sigh and slightly nod. I go up to the DJ and tell him to play 'My Dilemma'. He hands me a mic and I go on stage. The music starts and I shut my eyes. I hate the attention from the people here.

"You make me so upset sometimes
I feel like I could lose my mind
The conversation goes nowhere
Because you're never gonna take me there
And I know, What I know
And I know you're no good for me
Yeah I know, What I know
And I know it's not meant to be
He's my dilemma
One half of me wants ya
And the other half wants to forget
My-my-my dilemma
From the moment I met ya
I just can't get you out of my head-"

⠀⠀I suddenly stop singing from the sounds of people booing at my singing. I knew it. Should've known not to come and do this. A few people begin to throw things at me and I drop the mic, covering my face from the items being thrown. They start laughing and pointing and I turn to see a large banner behind me. 'Biggest freak ever' it reads. My eyes begin to water and my face heats up from all of the embarrassment. My gullible self actually believed that Luke was begin sincere. He just made it into a joke. The joke doesn't end there and I feel a cool liquid fall on my head. Different colors of paint pour onto me in front of everyone.

⠀⠀My heart races and soon I feel as if I can't breath. This isn't right. No this can't be happening right now. The air feels like it's disappearing. My vision gets blurry from slight tears. My hand grabs my heart, as it beats quickly. I stumble off stage and go to grab my purse.

"Oh you want this?" Calum asks.

⠀⠀He grabs my purse and lifts it high in the air. He towers above me holding my purse and putting it higher as I reach for it like an animal. I choke on my words and black dots fill my vision. My hand falls. I fall to the ground and the three boys above me laugh and humiliate me.

⠀⠀A loud bang is heard. The door flings open and Derek is there. He sees me and runs over. He pushes Calum away from me and grabs my purse out of his hands. I feel a warm feeling slide down my lips. Blood and tears.

"You fucking bastard!" His loud voice booms.

⠀⠀My sight gets worse and my eyes soon shut. Only hearing. Derek's deep cries and yells. 'It's gonna be okay'. He cries. It's the last thing I hear which I think is going to be forever.

|| L ||

⠀⠀We all surround Selena as she jumps for her bag that Calum has in his hands. We laugh and she struggles for it. We can't let her leave so soon, the fun is just beginning. With each jump she makes for her purse I laugh harder. It's hysterical. My head turns when I hear the doors bust open. The guy from school stands there. His face turns angry and he rushes over to us. He pushes Calum harshly and grabs Selena's bag.