CHAPTER 35

"So, you're coming right?" Trey asked me, his eyes hopeful. I smiled and nodded."Of course! It's your first game. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said and Trey smiled wider.

It was almost dinner time and Dan was setting the table as Trey was helping me put finishing touches to the steak I was plating. I was treating us to a special dinner to celebrate Trey's first game. He would be starting in his first ever basketball game. I have already invited Liam, but he hadn't arrived yet. Trey and I carried the serving plates filled with steak, potatoes, grilled veggies and fresh salad. As Trey was helping me arrange the plates on the table, the doorbell rang. Dan jumped to answer the door. When Dan opened the door with a flourish, Liam was standing outside the door with a few bottles of bubblies by the looks of it.

"Liam's here! Come on in, man." Dan said loudly. Liam smiled and handed the bottles to Dan, who took it gratefully. He helped Liam with his jacket and I smiled when I saw Liam, standing a bit awkwardly in our tiny apartment. After I've put the plates on the table, I went to Liam and we hugged a little and Liam pecked me on the cheek. I smiled and welcomed him to our home.

"Hey, thanks for inviting me. You look great Hannah." Liam said charmingly. Braving myself, I took his hand and led him to the dining table. Trey was there already, looking at us.

"Hey, Trey, congrats on playing in your first game." Liam said as he stuck out his hand to shake Trey's. Trey looked at him and smiled as he shook hands with Liam. I let out a breath of relief. I thought Trey would continue to ignore Liam. Thank goodness he's come around."Okay, so can we like eat now? I'm so hungry!" Dan said a little desperately. I chuckled and shrugged at Liam apologetically.

"Yeah, sorry I was late. Come on, let's eat." Liam said with a laugh. Dan raced to the dining table.So we had a nice dinner together. It was pretty cosy and Trey didn't bite Liam's head off. After dinner, we were so freaking full. I got up to tend to my peach cobbler to serve as dessert later. When the feeling of almost bursting subsides. Dan was draped on the love seat, regretting that 2nd helping of steak and potatoes. 

Suddenly Trey said,"Urgh, I'm so freaking full. I need to digest a little to make room for that amazing dessert.." Trey groaned as he walked gingerly to the living room, trying to elbow Dan off the loveseat. Dan did not move a muscle. I chuckled at their antics.

"Hey, Trey, you wanna walk off the dinner and maybe shoot some hoops later? You know, for all time sake? I mean, I'm probably rusty, but I promise I'll keep up. Besides, might be a great experience to play with an actual pro basketball player. What do you say?" Liam said suddenly as he looked at Trey meaningfully. I glanced at Trey, trying to see if he's on board with it. Trey looked thoughtful for a second and then his face broke into a smirk.

"You're on. Let's go. Hey, don't eat dessert without us!" Trey said as he started to get up and walked to the closet to get his ball and sneakers. Liam followed and before long, both of them were out the door.

I looked at the door and at Dan. He was already looking at me, kinda weirdly. I frowned and looked questioningly at him. He sighed and motioned me to where he was. I looked at him like he was being weird, which he was.

"Babe, come here. Let's have girl talk." Dan said, making space for me on the love seat. I sent to him, albeit hesitantly and sat down.

"Ok, so, how are things between you and Liam? You guys alright?" Dan asked as he leaned back in his seat and looked at me pointedly. I shrugged and said carelessly.

"Sure, we're fine. We had a great time last time and I don't know...I guess we'll see. Why did you ask?" I asked Dan curiously. 

Dan sighed and nodded his head."So, do you think you'll get back together with Liam? I mean, you guys still look cute together and I think he still likes you." Dan said, out of the blue.