Chapter 31

It's moving day. Trey and Dan had straightaway said yes without even bothering to check out the house first. But when they actually saw it, they were happy with it so all was good. I had the masters bedroom with the ensuite bath while Dan and Trey each had a room and a shared bath. The rooms were pretty spacious so it was fine. It was so weird how I could snag this apartment at the price I asked for.

At first I thought it would be awkward having 2 guys as roommates, but it worked out really well for us. Dan's a neat freak and obsessed with cleaning, which is so great for me and Trey who are not very good at that. I can cook and Trey is obsessed with technology so he brought his awesome home theatre, 71 inch Smart LED TV, his wii and xbox, as well as his playstation. And he had Netflix premium. I had to make sure I put the volume to zero before switching on the tv because I didn't before and the apartment almost blew up from the sheer roar of the home theater system. I was not taking that chance again. All in all, it had been really great and we fell into our daily routine quite smoothly. Even when Trey is a total exhibitionist and loves walking around the apartment topless. Especially after working out. Can't say I'm complaining. I got a great view without spending a cent. I'm lucky like that. And it's a real blessing for me to be living with my 2 closest friends. Even after what happened in college with Trey, he's still my friend. We never talked about it. Like it never happened at all. And that's a good thing since I have zero feelings for Trey now. Like, zilch.

I just started my job at a leading electrical device company. It was fun and I met a lot of interesting people. It's a little daunting since I was the newest employee and I had a lot of learning to do. There are so many very, very smart people around me that it is very intimidating.

Trey is busy training. The season will be starting in a few weeks so he's busy getting in shape and lately, he is hardly at home until dinner time. Even on weekends. He's still the newbie of the team and has to prove himself. He complains the other players are always giving him a hard time, but he's fine with it. Makes him train harder. It's lucky that Dan's around enough to keep me company. He's the sane, sage voice in my world full of chaos.

So, our typical day starts really early. Trey would be up the earliest. He would go for a run around the neighbourhood while me and Dan would eventually drag ourselves out of bed. Dan would start the coffee. That's his duty, every day. He's a stickler for the perfect cup of joe, so it's only fair that he's the house barista. Especially when he spat out the coffee I made the first morning we started living together and called it the devil's nectar. I was in charge of breakfast. Not because I was a woman. It just so happens that I could cook really well and I had the unfortunate chance to try Trey's 'World famous Omelet. It was poison and Dan and I were still trying to forget the rancid omelet ever existed and we had tasted it. So, while I was putting the breakfast on the tiny breakfast table, Trey would walk in, all sweaty and purposely bumping into me, feigning innocence, in the pretense of getting some water from the fridge. And Dan would walk out looking crazy handsome, oozing charm and sex appeal, looking every bit the fashion executive that he was.  And I would be in my usual jeans and sweatshirt. My job doesn't require me to get dolled up. Not when I'm dealing with machines and chips all day. Dan and I would leave together while Trey would leave for practice about an hour later. So that's our typical morning.

I looked at my watch. It was almost 6 pm. I got out of my seat as I tidied up my work station. I grabbed my jacket and handbag and headed out the door. I said goodbye to those who were still working and walked out of the ominous techie building. I tucked the coat closer to my body. It was a cold fall evening. The September air was chilly already as I walked to the subway station to meet Dan who's office was in the area as well.

At the subway station, I smiled when I saw the familiar tall, blond guy standing there looking all the gorgeous creature he was. When his gaze fell on me, he smiled. I walked up to him and we kissed in greeting. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to the opening door of the train. We walked into the crowded train and we stood in companionable silence.