Chapter 10

OMG! I stared at the huge house, mansion, castle....whatever. Liam kinda stopped at the huge wrought iron gate. He sat there on the bike, still as a statue. I looked around and back at him. Now what the hell is happening?Just then, he kinda revved up the engine. Liam just drove in and there were many luxury cars parked at the gravel lawn. I hopped off the bike and stared at the huge canopies and people in pretty cocktail dresses and sports jackets milling around drinking champagnes and eating canapes or whatever those tiny dainty looking delicious things were in the trays brought by the many servers. I hesitated. Liam took off his helmet and took mine as well. Then he took my hand and pulled me along with him.

I followed Liam and looked around the beautifully manicured lawn. There were many, many rich -looking people around, it kinda unnerved me. I was consciously aware that I was severely under-dressed.

Liam entered the huge house through the huge entrance. I looked at the interior of the house/mansion/castle and gaped. Luxurious is seriously undermining it. Liam's family is definitely loaded. Just then, we entered a large sunny room. All the doors and windows were open. There were books lining the walls and some quirky looking paintings dotted the creamy walls. Liam gestured for me to follow him. We ealked through the open door and was greeted with a few richly-dressed guests. It was the same scene as before. Then I saw the huge pool and some kids were swimming in it. Liam walked to a blond middle-aged woman who was talking to a group of similar aged women. He greeted her and she seemed very pleased to see him. Very, very pleased. She was hugging him pretty tight. And wait, was she crying?! I walked over slowly. I caught Liam's eyes and he looked somewhat embarrassed.

"Oh my God! You came! I can't believe it! My baby's home!" Liam's mother cried and hugged him tight. i just watched the scene before me, a little curious about what's happening in front of me. Liam hugged her tightly with his eyes closed. I could see that he missed her too. I felt like an intruder witnessing such an intimate scene.

"Happy birthday Mum. Here, I got this for you." Liam said as he handed her the pretty gift bag with the scarf in it. She took it with a huge smile on her face. She looked into the bag and pulled out the gorgeous scarf. She looked at it in awe and quickly wrapped it loosely around her neck. The scarf matched her tan outfit perfectly. She cupped Liam's face and kissed him smack on the lips. Liam struggled free and said "Aww, mum!" He sounded annoyed but I know he liked it.

"It's gorgeous. I love it! Thanks honey!" She said happily as he held her by the shoulder. He smiled down at her. I thought they looked sweet. Made me miss my Mom.

"How've you been? God, I miss you so much! You look thinner..Have you been eating-?!" Liam's mom was about to get hysterical. Liam gestured me to come closer and I did. He took my hand and pulled me beside him, in front of his mom, who immediately stopped talking when her gaze fell on me. I walked timidly to her, Liam's hand on my arm. I smiled at her shyly.

"Mom, this is Hannah. Hannah, my mom." Liam made the introduction. I smiled and held out my hand to shake hers, but she grabbed me and hugged me. Tight. I hugged her back and was instantly comfortable with her.

"Hi, so you're his girlfriend. You're very pretty!" His mom said as she put her arm around my shoulder.

"Mom, she's not my girlfriend. We're just friends." Liam said, shooting an apologetic look at me. I just smiled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here, have you had something eat? Liam, go bring Hannah to the buffet. Both of you get something to eat first, ok." Mrs Henessy said as she smiled. Just then, somebody she knew came to her and she went to greet them. Liam pushed me gently to the direction if the buffett table.

My eyes widen at the huge selection of food. Liam gave me a plate and took one for himself. Since we weren't that hungry, we just took some tiny canapes and I took a tiny square of cheesecake. Just as we were about to eat, a young guy came over. Liam perked up.